Main Menu

WANTED: 1970 barracuda with M46 option

Started by cuda hunter, February 01, 2017, 08:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

So I am always looking for a 70 barracuda with M46. 
M46 is the simulated scoops that go behind the doors down by the bottom of the wheel wells.
There were only about 400 of these made and I have been looking for around 15 years. 
Most folks take the BH barracuda's and use them for parts or clone them, throwing away the fender tag.

So since these are just lowly BH cars, most have disappeared. 

If anyone has any leads on one please let me know.  Even if it's a total rust bucket and does not look restorable. 

Would love a build sheet for one as well.  Or old fender tag.   Just looking for anything M46.  tags, BS, ACTUAL SCOOPS.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

Has anyone started a registry for these cars yet?

HP_Cuda

Looks like Cuda hunter has signed himself up for that.

:)
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Maybe Dwight Rindt is taking care of that ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70chall440

Pretty need option and one I somehow missed.. I wouldn't think they made very many back in the day and after a little research figure they probably didn't last all that long seeing where they are mounted and the quality of the material of the day. Does give me an idea to make some rear brake cooling ducts though..   8)
Mopar or no car!!!

61K T/A

70chall440

I googled it and saw a few on other sites. Definitely an acquired taste as it does kind of break up the bottom body line.
Mopar or no car!!!

screamindriver

Here's the factory engineering drawing on paint application for the M46 option...

Topcat

Refresh my memory:

Wasn't Scott at Harm's Auto going to reproduce these?

Whatever happened on that?

cataclysm80

Here's a few pics

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: 70chall440 on February 01, 2017, 12:06:04 PM
Pretty need option and one I somehow missed.. I wouldn't think they made very many back in the day and after a little research figure they probably didn't last all that long seeing where they are mounted and the quality of the material of the day. Does give me an idea to make some rear brake cooling ducts though..   8)

My thoughts exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: screamindriver on February 01, 2017, 06:58:22 PM
Here's the factory engineering drawing on paint application for the M46 option...
Where are you guys getting the engineering drawings? I would love to enlarge a few to hang in my office/ shop [emoji7]

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

anlauto

Problem is they are usually photo copies of photo copies and when you enlarge them they look terrible. You would need to find originals....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

Quote from: Topcat on February 01, 2017, 07:08:52 PM
Refresh my memory:

Wasn't Scott at Harm's Auto going to reproduce these?

Whatever happened on that?

I have not heard anything lately, however the demand is surely quite small.  I sold the pair I had awhile back; bought them from a guy who thought they were a Mustang part added to his car.   :headbang: Car is now a drag car, I'm not sure about the FT.

Tom

Blake@diyhemi.com

I spy M46 scoops in this eBay listing. https://www.ebay.com/itm/112284710912

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com