Main Menu

WANTED: 1970 barracuda with M46 option

Started by cuda hunter, February 01, 2017, 08:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I will take some photos before storage for sure.

I'm wondering how similar they are to the other styles of scoops that I have.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

speeddemon

cataclysm80

It's to bad you didn't get that build sheet or a photo of it, but at least you have the VIN so that if the car shows up without the scoops, you'll know it did originally have them.

I wonder if the other cars on the assembly line next to it were also M46 cars.

cuda hunter

I would assume they were mixed in just like the hemi's.

Look, there is one thing the m46's and the hemi's had in common. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

These two B.S.'s were found in B5's V code BS23V0B157390

BS23V0B157442

BH23G0B166082 - M46 Barracuda.

Note the spread in VINs, the scheduled production dates are 11 days apart. The broadcast sheet print sequence numbers are only 4 apart, so we have yet another case where the cars were actually produced out of VIN sequence.

B5's V code is BS23V0B157390.   Build sheet was found in a car in B.C. Canada.   B5's car has never left Florida.  Barry had it and sent it to B5.   

See, Barry's "service" does do some people some good. 

this is B5 bee's information that was given to me. 

1 Wild R/T

Just today Barry connected a man with a T/A-AAR engine with a friend of mine who owns the AAR that was missing it's original engine....  He's helped allot of people but he's very particular about his rules...

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2416184/blue-aar-cuda-at-spring-fling-show-in-2012-know-the-owner.html#Post2416184

71GranCoupe

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 10, 2017, 05:08:45 PM
Just today Barry connected a man with a T/A-AAR engine with a friend of mine who owns the AAR that was missing it's original engine....  He's helped allot of people but he's very particular about his rules...

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2416184/blue-aar-cuda-at-spring-fling-show-in-2012-know-the-owner.html#Post2416184

I have dealt with Barry on a few things and have nothing but  :perfect10:  to say about him. Maybe it is the approach some take that gets them to this point :headbang:

cuda hunter

This is a small list of production dates.  These are the only cars I have information on currently.

A09     -ff4
923     -fe5
826     -ff4 
818      fy1 
9/69     fe5 
9/69     fy1 
821      fy1 
910      ev2 
915      ev2
908      fc7
?          FJ6   production date soon to come
?          fe5

The last one is a very high vin number compared to all the others.  Too bad I didn't get a picture of the door sticker for that last one.  It didn't retain it's fender tag or build sheet. 

6bblgt

I thought I had info on a few more  :dunno: but here are some M46 Barracudas
:-[ forgot LA

cuda hunter

Awesome, thanks for adding to this.

Would that be the cars below the middle of that or would all of them have M46's?

6bblgt

all of them are M46 cars - "0B" Michigan built above & "0E" California built below the caption

cuda hunter

Oh of course I see it now.
That ev2 with tan interior is awesome!

Well you can add another to that list . just put up details over on wiw. 

cuda hunter

I've now counted out 26 known M46's.

But I found a post from Barry on mofarts from 2010 that says he knows of 25 M46's. 
Sure would like to add those cars to my info.  Too bad...

70 Challenger Lover

Great thread but was it ever established that the option was only available on Cudas but not Challengers? I was looking over my broadcast sheet and found what appears to be the M46 code on my Challenger but maybe in the dodge line M46 means something else?

My car did not have them when I bought it but there were lots of little changes to the car by previous owners over the years. I've never noticed these scoops on e body cars before but now that I'm seeing them, I really like them.

cuda hunter

I'm unfamiliar with the 70 M46 on chally's. 

I believe on the 2-4 it was the little scoop behind the door on the quarter panel.

Would like to see if it's the same on the 70 but definitely not the same as the barracuda only M46 scoop.