Main Menu

Wanted: 340 Cuda convertible

Started by JEJJ, January 08, 2019, 10:13:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JEJJ

I am looking for an original "H" code BS27 Cuda convertible 1970 or 71 any condition. Let me know what you have and what you are looking to get for the car. Cash or for the right car, I would consider trading up or down my BS27U0B ,1970 "U" code Cuda convertible if that is of interest.

I would also consider a real "H" code 340 Challenger convertible, any condition.

Thank you,
Jim
:cheers:
716-997-0070
BAKURRUDA@AOL.COM

anlauto

To some people that just doesn't make sense...but I get it Jim :console: Good luck with your search. :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JEJJ

"To some people that just doesn't make sense...but I get it Jim"

Don't get me wrong Alan, I prefer to keep my 440 Convertible and find a 340 Cuda convertible....Thanks! :unitedstates: :canada:

71vert340

Is it a 4speed or auto? Did I miss that info somewhere? Nice looking Cuda but kind of steep on price.
Terry

anlauto

Quote from: 71vert340 on January 15, 2019, 01:09:43 PM
  Is it a 4speed or auto? Did I miss that info somewhere? Nice looking Cuda but kind of steep on price.
Terry

It's an auto...price is pretty much in line for a 71
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

superdave

:thinking: some people aren't really iinterested in a '71 (and some don't care for convertibles) for many though,  that's the top of the Mopar mountain. Those with one can almost get whatever their heart desires for one. :alan2cents: having said that that's maybe a little more than I expected, but I'm not surprised by six figures. :dunno:

anlauto

The only reason Jason hasn't sold this car yet for $125K is because it's one of those "in between" cars....to nice to buy and restore, but not nice enough to classify as a survivor...(it's been painted once I believe), and it's an automatic.... :dunno:

71vert340

What kind of price would be expected if it was a 4 speed Shaker car? No doubt it's a great car. Does it have the documents such as broadcast sheet and /or original window sticker? Is the paper work another bump in price. Again, I like the car, but how long will it go unsold because of the high price. To me, $100k is more in line, but that's my take.
Terry

70 Challenger Lover

I'm sure he would move on the price. Everyone starts high knowing they will get talked down a bit. I can't see a line of people with $100k plus ready to plunk down on a toy so the first serious inquiry he gets, he will have to work with him on price if he really wants to sell.

anlauto

Quote from: 71vert340 on January 15, 2019, 05:04:07 PM
What kind of price would be expected if it was a 4 speed Shaker car? No doubt it's a great car. Does it have the documents such as broadcast sheet and /or original window sticker? Is the paper work another bump in price. Again, I like the car, but how long will it go unsold because of the high price. To me, $100k is more in line, but that's my take.
Terry

Check out this one I restored....it's a 383 4speed and the owner paid $145K USD for it about three years ago from Steve Klien  and then he paid me to restore it.  340's should be worth more than 383's but this yellow car is an auto which makes a big difference.
http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/PAST-RESTO---FE5RAG.html

kathyscuda

there was one in cali a few months ago for 125k.
think it was FY1 with a/c ??
it was a 340 car.

Crocha617

Quote from: kathyscuda on January 16, 2019, 06:04:22 AM
there was one in cali a few months ago for 125k.
think it was FY1 with a/c ??
it was a 340 car.

That's Jason's mentioned above. Still for sale.

ragtopdodge

THis auto looks to have been sold for $119k?  Maybe a little less w/some haggling:

https://www.moparponderosa.com/real-71-cuda-convert-340/

Good luck finding ANY REAL '71 'Cuda 'vert for less than $100k unless it's a restoration candidate (which mine was when I sold it; still kicking myself for doing that).

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: ragtopdodge on January 16, 2019, 11:05:31 AM
THis auto looks to have been sold for $119k?  Maybe a little less w/some haggling:

https://www.moparponderosa.com/real-71-cuda-convert-340/

Good luck finding ANY REAL '71 'Cuda 'vert for less than $100k unless it's a restoration candidate (which mine was when I sold it; still kicking myself for doing that).

Man that's a lot. I'd be nervous driving that kind of money around. I'd never feel comfortable parking it and every rock chip on the highway would gnaw at me.