Main Menu

Wanted AAR 4 speed, or U code 4 speed. U code could be Challenger or Cuda

Started by SeventyTX9RTRag, November 13, 2019, 04:36:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SeventyTX9RTRag

If a U code prefer 1970 but am open to 1971.

I have been to look at 4 cars recently and all were reported to have limited to no rust and all were rusty. No rusty cars. Original, one repaint is fine. No trailer queens. I like to drive my cars. Original drive train and docs are preferred.
I just restored my 69 Charger RT and don't have time to do another resto.

Thank you

nsmall

Good luck finding the right car.  How about some 69 charger photos?   I heard that year costs a fortune to restore.

6bblgt

good luck with your search, ..... but there are no U-code E-bodies for 1971

js27

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 13, 2019, 10:47:10 PM
good luck with your search, ..... but there are no U-code E-bodies for 1971

They offered a 440+6 but not a 440--I wonder what the reasoning was behind that--poor sales ?
JS27

Katfish

Jay Bee

From the Plymouth Barracuda Wikipedia...

The 1971 Barracuda engine options would remain the same as that of the 1970 model, except that the 340 6-Bbl was gone, and the four-barrel carbureted 440 V8 engine was no longer on the option list, but could be had via a special order and perhaps a dozen cars were built with it installed; otherwise the 440-powered Barracudas had a six-barrel carburetor setup instead.

In 1971 the big-block power options offered to the customer were:

275 hp (205 kW) SAE Gross in the 383-2V
300 hp (224 kW) SAE Gross in the 383-4V
385 hp (287 kW) SAE Gross in the 440-6V
425 hp (317 kW) SAE Gross in the 426-8V

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on November 14, 2019, 06:37:13 AM
From the Plymouth Barracuda Wikipedia...

The 1971 Barracuda engine options would remain the same as that of the 1970 model, except that the 340 6-Bbl was gone, and the four-barrel carbureted 440 V8 engine was no longer on the option list, but could be had via a special order and perhaps a dozen cars were built with it installed; otherwise the 440-powered Barracudas had a six-barrel carburetor setup instead.

That's one car I've yet to see proof of  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

js27

They did the same thing in 1970 with the Road Runners. 383--440+6 or Hemi. If you find a U code 70 Road Runner buy it because it is really a Superbird..
JS27

SeventyTX9RTRag

Quote from: nsmall on November 13, 2019, 05:39:47 PM
Good luck finding the right car.  How about some 69 charger photos?   I heard that year costs a fortune to restore.

SeventyTX9RTRag

More pics of my Charger.
I have known the car since I was 16 my neighbor owned the car. Local Charlotte car no rust, slight accident damage prior to resto. All original drive train, 3 build sheets.

I have the original 14" road wheels, but like the repro 15" 68 style wheels. Carb, starter, VR, alternator etc. all born with. I know some guys don't care about that stuff but that is my interest. Just a great driving honest car. Was fun to restore but a lot of work. I replaced the seat covers, carpet, and headliner. The balance original, door panels, dash, door weather striping, console gauges etc. all original. Literally, my neighbor who owned the car was a little white headed lady her husband owned a machine shop and this was her car.

dino6923

i have a older friend who has a few cars he wants to sell  ,   1970 cuda u code plum crazy 440 4 speed dana  numbers matching been in storage for 30 years never been seen i have pictures of it and also he go a 1970 v code cuda 440 4 speed dana shaker car complete but needs restored . also a 1970 challenger rt/se u code 440 6 pk dana no drive line . i have pictures of all cars  they are not cheap   u code is 35k v code is 35k  v code challenger is 35k  all rare cars and rust free  you can call me 727 389 4283  i wont post pictures here and owner is private seller which im helping to liquidate his cars .

bpsmopar

You're not interested in the 70 U code 4 sped Cuda? Sounds like a cool Cuda.

xx88man

:iagree:  If you are shopping for a U-code specifically the one your friend has sounds like a great candidate!
Keep yer foot in it

nsmall

@SeventyTX9RTRag   Thanks for sharing your Charger photos.  Just tagging you to make sure you got the info above.