Main Menu

Wanted: Early SPD, low VIN 1970 `cuda

Started by cudaized, February 11, 2017, 10:26:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudaized

I am looking for an early Scheduled Production Date (SPD), low Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) 1970 Plymouth `cuda. BS
I will also consider a Barracuda or a Gran Coupe. Do you know one for sale?

Thank you
Ola Nilsson

cudaized@cudaized.com
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

ec_co

Ola! glad to see you here

mine is one the lowest I've seen, but not for sale. (C0E100322 / 820SPD) I assume you are looking for anything with an August SPD?
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

fc7cuda

Do you have a date range you're looking for?

Tom

ec_co

and are you looking for a project or finished? its fun hunting

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

cudaized

Wow! That is low VIN. I am a little jealous.

Ola

Quote from: ec_co on February 12, 2017, 04:34:47 AM
Ola! glad to see you here

mine is one the lowest I've seen, but not for sale. (C0E100322 / 820SPD) I assume you are looking for anything with an August SPD?
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

cudaized

Tom,

August would be ideal. Difficult to find.
BS2__0B would be the ticket.

Ola

Quote from: fc7cuda on February 12, 2017, 06:03:53 AM
Do you have a date range you're looking for?

Tom

cudaized

Cuda Cody

@cudaized  did you see this V code?  Vin #7

[ebay]162447406615[/ebay]

Cuda Cody

Based on the sellers feedback and the lack of docs, one would be wise to tread lightly.  :vipermanhiding:

6bblgt

BS23V0E100004 is a "lemon twist" 4-spd pre-production LA built 440+6 'cuda (supposed to make its restored debut soon?)
& if the auction info is accurate
BS23V0E100007 is another pre-production LA built 440+6 'cuda  - but "limelight" & automatic/DANA

wonder if 0E100007 has a fender tag?

ec_co

@cudaized  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-CUDA-2-DR-/162447406615?hash=item25d29eb617:g:k0QAAOSwXYtY2cHT&vxp=mtr was just posted on another thread. I don't see a fender tag/BC in his pics, but with a VIN of BS23V0E100007 it falls into the right timeframe

Cuda Cody

He spoke to the owner and it didn't sound like it went well.  Based on the sellers feedback he might have some work to do on his custom relation skills. 

Cudadon1

6bblgt

Cudadon1

I picked up a 70 barracuda that I have been working on for four years now. Total body only so have been buying parts and found out that it turned out to be a pain in my side and wallet. It has all stampings and plate stating it was a grand coupe with a 383hp so I bought it in San Diego CA. I now have begun to realise it might be one of the first off the line in 69. No build sheet as it was stripped car and built in LA. I have replaced all suspension and brakes bought a 383 engine from a guy in San Marcos that had his wife's car for them but Foose on overhauling show. Lucky buy for correct parts. Engine trans rear-ended all rebuilt along with every nut and bolt taken off. Has ralley dash power disk brakes and new wiring and interior completed. Body was stripped and all work completed by myself. Nearing completion and can finally see a real car again. If anyone can confirm it's a very early build let me know please. The production date on tag is 822. I want to thank everyone for all the information that this forum has provided without it and a factory service manual.