Main Menu

1970 Barracuda 318 with interesting cowl and rad support number

Started by mccannix, August 24, 2024, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mccannix

A friend bought this 70 Barracuda 318 that has been off the road since 1984.
These numbers that match the vin are on the rad support and cowl and are quite a bit larger than normally seen.
Let me say there are no numbers anywhere else on either the cowl or rad support as I examined those areas thoroughly.
They match the vin and bear in mind it is only a 318 car.
Opinions on whether it somehow never got stamped on the line and these were stamped afterwards off the line.

torredcuda

Anything is possible, being a 318 car that has been off the road that long I can`t see anyone trying to pass it off as something it`s not or hiding a vin swap.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

6bblgt

mccannix

I could not see what appeared to be any wreck damage.
Front, including cowl appears to be all original in original faded paint.
Fender tag is there, albeit very rusty but I didn't take a picture...will next time there and will take one of backside as well to help read.
No sheet as there was no interior left

E74cuda

Could be one of the cars that got missed at the factory in terms of getting body numbers stamped into it. One of the previous owners noticed and stamped the numbers into the car. They even misjudged the room needed on the radiator support number 

MoparCarGuy

Dash VIN BH23G0B189488
Can you post some wider shots of the stampings showing the correct areas on the cowl and radiator support where the factory would have stamped the Assembly Plant (B), Year (0), and your Sequence Number (189488)?

mccannix

I will get some better pics of 189488 next time I am there

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

mccannix

More pictures of this cars numbers.
They are 1/2 inch high.
No other numbers on the cowl or rad support
If I'm reading the fender tag right, it is

Y05 EN1
FF4 A04 G33 M21 R11 V5X
FF4 M4F8 000 B13 042836
E44 D31 BH23 G0B 189488

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

I haven't seen anything like this, but it almost has to be some kind of assembly line "FIX" for missing proper body stamps   :dunno:

the interior code is "H4F8" - green bench seat

mccannix