Main Menu

1970 challenger bumper guards

Started by Mixup7071, October 26, 2018, 10:25:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mixup7071

Twenty years ago when I bought my 1970 challenger it had the front bumper guards, for some reason I didn't like the look so l took them off, five years later I wanted to put them back on couldn't find them, same thing happened to my seat belts when I took them out to put down carpet, well I bought a set of bumper guards at a swap meet they looked like challenger ones but they didn't fit, didn't pay that much so wasn't too upset lately looking at car pictures I notice 1970 swinger bumper guards look the same, I wonder if that's the guards I bought that didn't fit or are the challenger and swingers the same bumper guards

ratroaster

They are different but look kinda similar. :alan2cents:

js27

Same thing happened to me. One is correct for a 70 Challenger and the other is ?? $ 100 for both -then you will have 2 complete sets--LOL
JS27

Mixup7071

Thanks picture's are great you can see the difference, now if I can find mine I know the different, are you selling your guards?

750-h2

Looking at your #1 picture I would say the bottom guard is correct for a 1970/71 Challenger. NOTE  I took an original set of front bumperettes off my original [OEM} 1970 Challenger front bumper.  I then tried to put them on a new reproduction Keystone front bumper and they would not come close to fitting, yet they fitted perfectly on the OEM bumper.  If you have a repro bumper that might be your problem.