Main Menu

1970 challenger RT with air?

Started by Shoooter, July 14, 2018, 09:46:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

I'm looking at a major project to pick uo. it's a 1970 383 challenger RT With air condition. I haven't seen a RT with air. did they come with it? owner never found fender tag when they bought it.

1 Wild R/T

Absolutely... And Cruise Control, Power Windows all sorts of options...

RUNCHARGER

Unless all the parts are there it would be difficult to find everything if doing a proper restore.... This is probably the one in W.L. that looks like an A/C firewall.
Sheldon

Shoooter

yes it is the one.  there is lots of parts and I got other pictures sent. my friend has most of the BB A.C. stuff.  some parts don't seem like they belong with the car so I'm verifying vin and body numbers

ToxicWolf

I have a 70 RT/SE 383 four speed with original air.  One day it will get put together.  :haha:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: ToxicWolf on July 15, 2018, 07:39:04 AM
I have a 70 RT/SE 383 four speed with original air.  One day it will get put together.  :haha:

Now tell me it has an optional gear ratio & I'll be impressed....   3:55 is the highest ratio available with A/C & it's rare.....  Guy I knew in the 90's had a 383/4spd 3:55SG equipped Challenger R/T Convertible with A/C... Likely a one of one...

ToxicWolf

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 15, 2018, 07:46:07 AM
Quote from: ToxicWolf on July 15, 2018, 07:39:04 AM

Now tell me it has an optional gear ratio & I'll be impressed....   3:55 is the highest ratio available with A/C & it's rare.....  Guy I knew in the 90's had a 383/4spd 3:55SG equipped Challenger R/T Convertible with A/C... Likely a one of one...

I'm pretty sure it is a 3:55 but not certain.  I was looking for a picture of the fender tag ... but these are all I found.   :woohoo:

ToxicWolf

Quote from: Shoooter on July 14, 2018, 10:29:07 PM
yes it is the one.  there is lots of parts and I got other pictures sent. my friend has most of the BB A.C. stuff.  some parts don't seem like they belong with the car so I'm verifying vin and body numbers

It will be hard ... But that is the nature of what we do.  When it's done it will be worth it.  :wave:

RUNCHARGER

The car in question looks like it needs everything but I don't think it is a bad deal at all. If most of the A/C stuff is there plus a lot of other parts I would pick it up. They just aren't around at these prices anymore. I can't remember if the guy has registration though?
Sheldon