Main Menu

1970 Challenger V1F "green vinyl top" what color was it?

Started by 6bblgt, April 30, 2018, 01:32:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

F8RT

@7E-Bodies
From what I can see yours looks good! You must be living right got a good one the first time and only 4 months. They haven't sped up the process any you just managed to order when they had already started making more vinyl.
Well it's been a week on mine still no answer. Found out they use ACME to make their tops they are out of California. They are checking with their manufacturer before they will tell me anything. I asked if they still had vinyl and the first response was no they would need to make more. I blew up told them that's 9 months every time they have to make it. I asked for the owner to call me. She got back and said she found some material they still had. Of course you never know if they are telling the truth. This has been an 18 month process so far, I was going to order when Alan did but didn't want to send them my money until they had vinyl.
What really pisses me off is they will only communicate by email. We have gone back and forth half a dozen times and every time I asked them to call me. It's a shame that they are the only people that carry the correct material for several makes and models. The internet is loaded with people complaining about having to deal with them. What happened to the days when you tried to please your customers so they would come back again. If I don't get a satisfactory answer by Monday you all by be reading about a Oklahoma boy driving to Oregon with a baseball bat!

7E-Bodies

@F8RT I'll shoot video and hold your beer!  lol  So mine looks ok? I thought the seems looked a little odd, and wondered about them being 1/2" instead of wider.  My problem is I got the car with the top already removed, so I have no accurate reference. I need to rely on you guys. Oops..."y'all", lol
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

F8RT

I don't claim to be an expert but it looks pretty good to me. I never measured my original seams for width but it looks close to what I remember. I still have pieces of mine but it would be tomorrow before I could measure. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in. I know if it was mine I would be doing back flips right now I would be so happy!

7E-Bodies

I feel bad for you, man. Bring it up here if you ever want people to contact them as disappointed with their treatment of you. I'd certainly do that. Meanwhile feel free to reference my order posted several comments up. Stay on them!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

750-h2

From those pictures I would say you are good to go! :bigthumb:

6bblgt

:angry: @F8RT  I can't believe they have now sent you 2 screwed up tops  :bricks:

6bblgt

@7E-Bodies your top looks good to go & I've been wanting to set the one I got almost a year ago on my car - after seeing the 2 screwed up tops above I was starting to wonder, this has been laying on a spare bed since it arrived - but looks to be "proper" size & shape