Main Menu

1970 Cuda Stripe Codes

Started by 1970 FM3 Cuda, September 03, 2017, 05:42:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1970 FM3 Cuda

I have a 1970 FM3 Cuda which I am currently restoring. The fender tag has no information on the type of stripe and it does not have the code for stripe delete. It is an LA car so it has no build sheet. Could this car of come out with a stripe even if there isn't a stripe code on the fender tag.

anlauto

"BS" Cuda package never included a stripe like the "JS" Challenger, so you won't find a "stripe delete" code first off. Also, I'm certainly no expert, but my opinion is no stripe code on the fender tag = no stripe :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

@6bblgt  should be able to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's only shown on the tag if you ordered the stripe option.  Some car would get the stripes as part of a standard option or part of a package.  Like the Challenger A66 340 package for example.  In that case you would need to order the "delete stripe" option to have them not on the car if you did not want stripes.  So that is why you see some cars with a stripe delete code and others without any stripe code at all.

Cuda Cody

@1970 FM3 Cuda  Stripes on a cuda were on option only.  So the code would need to be on the tag.

fc7cuda

Quote from: 1970 FM3 Cuda on September 03, 2017, 05:42:41 PM
I have a 1970 FM3 Cuda which I am currently restoring. The fender tag has no information on the type of stripe and it does not have the code for stripe delete. It is an LA car so it has no build sheet. Could this car of come out with a stripe even if there isn't a stripe code on the fender tag.

What are your data tag codes that start with V? This might help determine stripe/side moulding etc.

FM3?  Cool color car to have!  :perfect10:

6bblgt

:iagree: 1970 'cuda needs a code on the fender tag (LA & Hamtramck) for stripes or body-side vinyl mouldings (V4_, V5_, V6H, V6X) *** NO code = NO stripe

anlauto

Thanks Dan, that's what I thought....but I never like to state the ''facts" unless I know the facts... ;)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration