Main Menu

1970 'Cuda V02 Painted Top

Started by 69bronzeT5, April 14, 2018, 10:38:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

It was a big deal in the 50's and 60's but obviously faded when the vinyl tops came out. The Domino Cuda and the orange and black look sort of cool.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

heres one
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

I owned A Challenger R/T FY1 with A black roof. sharp!!! I loved that car.   :1place:

Brads70

I've thought about adding this to my car ( black roof) but just can't bring myself to drill holes for the trim..... I bought the trim years ago  but  can't decide.

RUNCHARGER

Ha, isn't your car supposed to have a vinyl roof to cover up the acid dipped roof?
Sheldon

benlavigne

A friend has a EW1 over B5 70 'Cuda, looks sharp!

Ben

RzeroB

Quote from: Culvers on April 15, 2018, 08:24:31 AM
according to G. Govier there were only 100 Cudas (from 16710 total) produced in two-tone paint.

If only 100 Barracuda's were made with V02, 47 of them looked like this:

In 1970 Glendale Chrysler in St Louis ordered 47 blue over white V02 cars dubbed "Blue Note Specials" for the St Louis Blues NHL hockey team. https://www.stlouisgametime.com/2011/6/13/2222750/the-quest-for-the-blue-note-plymouth-car-pics 

That leaves 53 in various other color combinations which would be pretty exclusive and very cool.  :twothumbsup:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Culvers

Quote from: RzeroB on April 16, 2018, 02:48:03 PM
Quote from: Culvers on April 15, 2018, 08:24:31 AM
according to G. Govier there were only 100 Cudas (from 16710 total) produced in two-tone paint.

If only 100 Barracuda's were made with V02, 47 of them looked like this:

In 1970 Glendale Chrysler in St Louis ordered 47 blue over white V02 cars dubbed "Blue Note Specials" for the St Louis Blues NHL hockey team. https://www.stlouisgametime.com/2011/6/13/2222750/the-quest-for-the-blue-note-plymouth-car-pics 

That leaves 53 in various other color combinations which would be pretty exclusive and very cool.  :twothumbsup:
I wrote Cudas, not Barracudas.  ;)

Btw: interesting story, never heard of this

autoxcuda

Spring Fling Best of Show 2012 went to a 'V02 white painted top '70 'Cuda 340 4 speed, blue interior and B5 exterior. LA built car. Gorgeous and owner restored !

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

6bblgt

TOTAL: 1970 'cuda hardtops built = 18,880

the details of 16,710 US spec. cars are known based on information within the "OPTION & ACCESSORY REPORT" (2,170 not accounted for ~11.5%)
this missing 11.5% contains cars built to US, CANADA & EXPORT spec.
- the "built-in ERROR" is +/- 9 cars, but with no info on 2,000+ cars take these numbers as a "BALLPARK" approximation, not gospel as indicated elsewhere

V01 - mono-tone paint ~ 9,462 BS23s (without vinyl top)
V01 - mono-tone paint ~ 7,145 BS23s (with vinyl top)
V02 - two-tone paint ~ 104 BS23s

V1P - yellow MOD TOP vinyl top <9 BS23s
V1Q - blue/green MOD TOP vinyl top ~ 17 BS23s
V1G - gator grain vinyl top (brown) ~ 173 BS23s
V1F - green vinyl top ~ 259 BS23s
V1W - white vinyl top ~ 880 BS23s
V1X - black vinyl top ~ 5,816 BS23s

these are 'cuda ONLY - there will be additional Barracuda & Gran Coupe two-tone paint cars

69bronzeT5

Thanks Dan and everyone else! Looks like I need to get my hands on this car!!!

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

xx88man

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 16, 2018, 11:29:18 PM
Thanks Dan and everyone else! Looks like I need to get my hands on this car!!!

:iagree:  And if you do I would love to see it!
Keep yer foot in it

69bronzeT5

It sold. Darn!! He says he sold it to a guy who owns a shop that buys cars, "restores" them and then resells them. He says he thinks the guy bought it to keep for himself but he doesn't know. From what I kind of got, it's not a Mopar guy but rather a typical flipper outfit. It's a shame. I doubt the guy will follow the fender tag during the restoration as it should with that car being so rare with the painted top.

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

xx88man

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 20, 2018, 07:25:14 AM
It sold. Darn!! He says he sold it to a guy who owns a shop that buys cars, "restores" them and then resells them. He says he thinks the guy bought it to keep for himself but he doesn't know. From what I kind of got, it's not a Mopar guy but rather a typical flipper outfit. It's a shame. I doubt the guy will follow the fender tag during the restoration as it should with that car being so rare with the painted top.

Sorry to hear you didn't get it. I learned the hard way a long time ago....if you spend time thinking about it it could easily be sold as soon as you walk away.  I'm not saying jump on any car but just if you're honestly looking be ready to buy.
:bricks:
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Ya snooze.....

For me, I don't even like to talk to someone about their car until I've secured the funds and have my trailer hooked up....Lately I've heard about a couple of cool cars, but won't even call because I haven't got any money... :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration