Main Menu

1970 Cuda vs Camaro Dealer Promo Film

Started by ec_co, May 25, 2020, 06:27:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Rich G.

Great video! Sure cuts up the Camaro. Didn't know you're supposed to hit the seat back release with your foot. They also show 3 body styles. What's the difference between the hardtop and coupe? I always thought a coupe had a post.

Mopsquad

They sure loved having the models lie all over the cars in those days. lol 

As a kid in the 70's, it was popular for us - even on the roof during drive ins.

ec_co

Quote from: Rich G. on May 25, 2020, 07:57:37 AM
Great video! Sure cuts up the Camaro. Didn't know you're supposed to hit the seat back release with your foot. They also show 3 body styles. What's the difference between the hardtop and coupe? I always thought a coupe had a post.

fixed rear windows versus standard rollups
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Rich G.

Never knew that was a Cuda thing. Was the fixed window on the grand coupe only?

cudamadd

What a great Video agree back in the day with models all over the car . Oh what were day thinking but I guess the models would have help sell the cars . I have a good friend with a 70 camaro  but I donot think I will show him this video in case he doesn't under stand about the beautiful style and better car you got for your money . But in the last few months or so my friend with the Chevy has told me that he is starting to like mopar muscle more and more so when he sells one of he's junker cars .I am very proud to say I will be helping him look for a factory 72 ralley challenger with the 340 it has to be a good day when someone can see the light on how look the mopar product is .

RUNCHARGER

I gotta say if I had to own a Chevy it would be a 70.5 Z28.
Sheldon

anlauto

How come no one has told @cuda hunter that the star of this short infomercial is an M46 Barracuda ? The elusive scoops are visible around the 6:00 mark :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Thanks Alan!  That is one cool car!   Red interior and Fe5 exterior with no vinyl. 
The stripe does appear to be red.  Always looking for a blue example.
The tail panel does not appear to be blacked out like every example I have seen.
Also, the grill appears to be argent. 
You can see the stripes and the black out on just about every example of the exterior they show. 
they only show one example of the elastomeric bumper and I do not think it is the M46 car.  The M46 fe5 appears to have a chrome front bumper. 
this must be an early car due to the rear not being blacked out.  Just assuming.  Even the early production cars I have seen examples for have the tail panel blacked out. 
I find it pretty cool that Ma decided to use an M46 for an advertising video.   A ten minute long one none the less. 

The barracuda definitely looks better than the camaro.  But then the Firebird of the same year looks waaay better than the camaro. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee