Main Menu

1970 Lower control Arms and part numbers for repair

Started by Bossgold, November 03, 2019, 09:19:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Bossgold

What is the lower control arm Hex nut for the torsion bar/ LCA Pin made from? Is the Hex rotating part made from Hardened steel?  I'm guessing they only sold the complete arm and the rivets....and no other individual parts. Its lists these numbers in the book,  2535434 RIVET, Arm Plate 22222------ 6023293 ARM PACKAGE, Rt. 812808 62

I'm asking cause the LCA on my passenger side was hacked all to hell/gouged.....hammer and chisel from the past. I was going to clean it up since the rivets show a date of 011, and 044 for 1970 line 1 shift 1 44th day.  Checking to see other damage but want to ask before any welding/filler used. Having trouble finding another 1970 set.

1 Wild R/T

Are you seriously looking to have the car judged as an OE level restored car?  If the answer is yes then proceed... If no relax about the date codes. No one has ever check a single date code on my cars.... And when I was restoring them I wasted allot of time chased date coded parts...

Bossgold

Its the original part that came on the car and I was hoping to see if I can fix it.  So looking for date codes over original nice parts well I guess i'll take the nice part. I'll be my own judge....cause effort and doing it right matters on this particular project.