Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Cuda dealership artwork...."tribute"

Started by 76orangewagon, July 19, 2019, 12:44:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

Back In May I attended the Mecum car auction in Indy to not only view but hopefully purchase some Original dealership art work from the Stephen Juliano Collection for my garage, Once the Road Art auction started Saturday morning I quickly realized I wasn't going home with any of the items I had wanted so I did the next best thing... I took lots of pictures and measurements and thought I'll make my own. Well here is the first of many backlit fakes that will be hanging in my garage. The originals were bringing $3K-$5K and I have around $400 in this one, The initial artwork fees and 1/4" Plexiglas were the expensive items. I could make more now that the one time artwork fee is taken care of for a lot less $$ but I didn't do this to make them for others just my own personal collection. So what do you think of my fake or is it a clone or recreation....wait were up to the word "Tribute" now a days....So what do you think of my "tribute" dealership sign?  The first Picture is the original hanging it the Mecum display, the rest are of my fake's...oops sorry "tributes".

Cuda Cody

anlauto

I think they look great....little off on the shade of blue, but otherwise dead nuts on  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Arctoad

captcolour

Quote from: 76orangewagon on July 19, 2019, 12:44:37 PM
Back In May I attended the Mecum car auction in Indy to not only view but hopefully purchase some Original dealership art work from the Stephen Juliano Collection for my garage, Once the Road Art auction started Saturday morning I quickly realized I wasn't going home with any of the items I had wanted.
Me too.  I was there and wanted a few items, but not for those prices!

Nice job on the sign.

76orangewagon

Thanks for the comments..... there is a Duster and Road Runner sign that are the same dimensions and a few more in the works that are bigger. The LED's are so much brighter than the Florescent bulbs I think I'll go back to two LED strips for future projects, that may be throwing off the colors some.

6bblgt

750-h2