Main Menu

1971 Challenger R/T 340 Color Opinions

Started by challengersteve, August 15, 2021, 03:04:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GrandpaKevin

I would advertise it for sale before and during the resto (before paint) so a potential serious buyer with an appropriate deposit down could pick their preferred color and options . :alan2cents:

As far as color preference on a 71 R/T Challenger... I have a love/hate relationship with purple but it always draws a crowd. :drunk:

challengersteve

I agree about letting a customer pick the color and I may got this route. I have thought about purple but it seems like there are way too many of them. I personally like hemi orange with black interior and stripes and know that is a popular color. The closer it gets to paint I will decide.
Thanks for the reply.

anlauto

Funny story...the purple one I posted above was originally EV2 Hemi orange and the owner insisted he wanted purple, that was about two years ago...about a month ago, he was here and I installed rear window louvers on the car....he's now wishing he had of painted it orange, because, just like you said, there's so many purple ones out there.... and he's tired of it :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

tparker

I'm partial to yellow. Mine is yellow with a black vinyl top. I think yellow/black combo really pops. I don't usually like yellow on any other car, but something about it just works. Not sure if I would like it as much if it didn't have the black top though.

MONC

Quote from: anlauto on September 04, 2021, 02:58:48 PM
Funny story...the purple one I posted above was originally EV2 Hemi orange and the owner insisted he wanted purple, that was about two years ago...about a month ago, he was here and I installed rear window louvers on the car....he's now wishing he had of painted it orange, because, just like you said, there's so many purple ones out there.... and he's tired of it :rofl:

I would have thought there would be more original EV2 cars than Plum Crazy cars, but makes sense I guess.
Guess I am biased with an original EV2 car.