Main Menu

1971 cuda headlight bucket identification.

Started by Shoooter, February 03, 2018, 05:06:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

I have three sets of headlight buckets and I'm not sure what ones are correct for a 1971 cuda. I think the left one is correct?. the right one is for a challenger? middle one? what ones are the correct ones?  they all have the same numbers on the sets I believe.

anlauto

The one on the far left in your picture looks like it's for the larger "2 Headlight" system 1970/72,73,74. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shoooter

that's the picture angle . they are all the same size.  but they have different center hole size

Chryco Psycho

All 4 buckets are different , so you need the smaller 5" ones first
then on the rim of the bucket you will see
Hi/Lo or Hi followed by R or L

anlauto

As Psycho said, each car takes four different buckets....The inside hole won't really matter... You typically find the ones with the largest hole (in your picture) on 70-71's, but if you find a set with smaller holes, I wouldn't really sweat it :alan2cents: they'll still work fine.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shoooter

these are the small 5" one . the picture isn't a good one. I know that there are 4 different buckets for a complete set  and they are labeled accordingly. the question I have is what one is correct for a 1971 cuda. all these have the same hi, hi-lo ECT. the numbers are the same  one each set. it is the center part that is different

Shoooter

between me and my friend we have a complete set for each style . two complete sets of the big hole ones. just wondering what one is correct

Chryco Psycho

I am familiar with the ones with the large hole , not sure what the application for the others are ?

anlauto

Even though with my old eyes the one on the top of your second picture still looks larger to me,  :rubeyes: I would say that one has the correct size hole for 70-71

Shoooter

I assure you they are the same size. it looks off to me in the picture as well. I will use those ones. any idea what the middle one is off of? charger?  I think the one on the right is off of a 70-71 challenger.