Main Menu

1971 cuda rallye dash with all the extras wiring question

Started by 72restocuda, June 01, 2022, 10:36:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

72restocuda

First time poster to this site.  I am in the process of putting together a 71 rally dash harness from year one in my 72 standard dash barracuda, bought literally everything to make the change I think but adding in time delay harness, 1970 overhead console with low fuel relay, rear defogger, headlight buzzer, road lamps for a 71'.  The questions I have are
1. when installing a low fuel relay you leave off the black jumper from the voltage limiter and use the sender blue wire and blue wire from the relay to run the fuel gauge.  does the relay go to where the black limiter used to go?
2. On the enclosed picture of a 71' rallye harness and how it plugs into the road lamps and timer delay harness the questions are - these are marked with thin green tape
    a. on the main harness going down to the fusebox is a 2 prong female plug with black and black yellow wires - does this goto the buzzer relay harness? or the male connector in the road lamp harness?  On the same road lamp harness there is another female double plug - is this the plug that goes to the buzzer relay?
    b. the double yellow with black stripe female bullet connector on th main harness next to the above- does this gotothe time delay relay?
    c. also on the main harness on the left side of the picture is a double yellow wired female bullet plug - this looks like the courtesy lamp ground  - is that right?
So overall there are 6 marked wires/plugs in the picture that I would like more information on, I have seen the schematics but nothing beats a picture or a description.