Main Menu

1973 challenger

Started by fireguyfire, February 04, 2019, 08:34:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fireguyfire

Hi gents and gals; I'm still out there kicking tires on cars and found a 1973 challenger that was redone as an earlier RT clone. The car is plum crazy with r/t stripes, has a Rallye dash, a 440 with a 4 speed manual in it. The interior is excellent, but the body and paint is iffy; a couple of spots have some bondo, and a couple of bubbles are forming under the paint both under the vinyl top and at the bottom of the rear window.
Can anyone give me a feel for what the value of a car like this would be in the current market?

Cuda Cody

Really hard to say without some good photos.  The body and paint will make or break this car.  I would want to see what it was like before the paint was done.

blown motor

If you're looking for a fun driver don't worry about a bit of bondo. As long as the car is mechanically sound that's the main thing. Lots of us are driving cars that aren't perfect and we're having a lot of fun doing it. Just make sure you pay accordingly. The bubble under the roof can be corrected easy enough if the damage hasn't gone too far. A new vinyl top is only a few hundred dollars.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

RUNCHARGER

The description describes a car valued somewhere under $20k to me. Body problems can be minor to major but they are always expensive to repair.
Sheldon

dave73

Yea I wouldn't pay over 20 for it with signs that it'll need paint and body work, unless you can do that yourself. But then again, there is another forum post going on right now that finding an ebody under 20 is becoming increasingly difficult these days.

You say you're "still" kicking the tires on it which makes it sound like it's been for sale for awhile now, there is probably a reason why. Either price, condition or a combination of the two.

anlauto

I think if it's running driving, able to pass an inspection...it's $20K all day. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

Quote from: anlauto on February 05, 2019, 09:42:26 AM
I think if it's running driving, able to pass an inspection...it's $20K all day. :alan2cents:

Even if it's a patched together bondo buggy as you have illustrated in the past?
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]