Main Menu

1974 Plymouth Barracuda - Left Blinker Issue

Started by jrgoodman, August 07, 2020, 11:32:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jrgoodman

Hello - thanks for anyone that can help -   my flashers work (all lights flash), right blinker works, brake lights work, running lights work - but the left blinker, just stays on when activated.   I have changed the socket, the bulb, still no blink.  Any ideas?

Rich G.

Change the flasher. There is 2 . One for the 4 ways and one for the directionals.

Jay Bee

Turn signal flasher is beside the ashtray, 4-way flasher is on the brake pedal support.

docmel

Since this thread is still open, try this

Triple check the bulb that isnt working to ensure it isnt in "backwards"  In other words, the bulb can be inserted but the lugs are not engaged the right way.  Triple check to ensure its inserted correctly and both lugs on the bulb are properly engaged.  The bulb can be insterted incorrecly but still "feel " like it is in correctly

Your symptoms are exactly what I had  TRhe bulb was not correctly inserted

GoodysGotaCuda

I'm not following the "change the flasher" recommendations, but it's possible. Since the flasher is working fine for the right side, I suspect the left side has a grounding concern.

Clean the grounding points in the trunk and up front. If the left blinker circuit cannot pass enough current through a poor ground to trigger the flasher to flash, it will just stay lit. Whereas the right side may have a better ground and is moving enough current to flash properly.

Double checking the bulb orientation as mentioned above is a good one to check as well.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Rich G.

If both front and rear bulbs light up and don't flash it's usually the flasher that's bad. If only one lights up that's a different problem.  Putting the 4 ways on and having everything working would indicate that the bulbs and grounds are good. But stranger things have happened.

docmel

Jay Bee

Thought I'd this picture here too, might help if doing a search.