Main Menu

Where did you find your first E-Body?

Started by Cuda Cody, January 26, 2017, 03:50:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HR738

Found my first E-body in July of 1988 in a local auto trader magazine. 1972, 340 4-speed, GF3, white top, black interior. And yes.....it's still here  :) ......along with a few others  :bradsthumb:

J-Code Jeni

Very cool '72, @HR738 !! Tell us about the others too!

318Stroker

I was driving one day and spotted mine on the front line of King Dodge on S. Kinghighway in St. Louis in Dec. 73. There it was in all of it's red glory, with 6,000 miles. At the time i was driving a car I really wish I still had, even though it was a Bowtie... :rolleyes:  A 62 Impala SS ragtop. 283, powerslide. White, white top, red guts, minimal rust. Only problem was, it was just another used car. I bought it for 200.00, drove it for one summer with the top usually down, and sold it for 100.00 after I bought the Challenger. Dad told me it needed to get gone from his driveway... :))

Interesting note when I bought the Challenger. They were asking 3,200.00 for the car. I didn't know you could talk them down, so yep, I paid them 3,200.00. I'm sure I made that salesman's day! In retrospect, it wasn't his job to educate me... :('

Sleepychallenger

Found it at a junk yard in their for sale cars area. 72 Challenger and bought it for $500. someone else wanted it so they went out and cut the wiring harness out and took the fender tag. Didn't deter me, I wanted it and we rigged it to run and get me home until I got a harness. The car was T-boned and totaled about 2 months later when an old lady plowed into the side of it at an intersection.  :'(

My 70 Challenger has been with me my whole life...it just wasn't always mine.

LinceCuda

Found mine in a ad in the Atlanta newspaper back in 1978. It was a 1972 Rally 340 Four Barrel Challenger yellow black vinyl top and black interior automatic car. I paid the lady $350.00 for it and drove it home with a big smile on my face  :banana:. The only thing wrong with it was the carb  needed rebuilding and it had a softball size dent on the pass. rear quarter.

82firebird

Found my first one on ebay. The week before, we went to Indianapolis to bid on a nice 71 Challenger that was going to sell at Mecum. We were saddened when the car hit 45,000 and the reserve was not met! A week later we found another 71 Challenger on ebay that was local to us. I knew at first sight it was meant to be. We used that car as a stepping stone to our current 71 Cuda.