Main Menu

2 Custom Challenger T/As at area show

Started by JH27N0B, October 08, 2024, 10:52:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

I went to a big car show in Morris IL Sunday and there were 2 Challenger T/As there.  Both were custom though.
I've seen the red one before, it's been to a number of area shows over the years.  Tag shows it was an original gator grain top car!  It was born F4 green with a green interior.  I'd never seen the yellow on before.  I was surprised when I looked at the VIN and saw it's a T/A too!  Hood was closed so I didn't get to look for a fender tag to find out any details of it.

cuda hunter

Cool cars! 
The green on green w/gator grain car doesn't have it's vin on it's show board. 
Did you get the pic of the fender tag on the gator grain car? V1G on the tag?

Cool original color combo.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

I took a picture of the tag but it had been painted with a fairly thick coat of paint so wasn't easy to read. It did have V1G on it, FF4 paint and the code for dark green vinyl interior.
It was originally an automatic.

cuda hunter

F4 ext, F8 interior and black gator grain on top.  That was a good looking car for sure!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

I haven't seen any figures from Barry's registry or any other sources, but from what I've seen watching the E body world over the decades, is that of the rare V1G option on T/As, most were on F4 cars.  Off the top of my hand I can remember a guy in the northeast who used to be on Moparts had a red one, there was a B3 one that has been through the Mecum auctions off and on since 2008, and there was an unrestored FT6 one in North Carolina that last I saw he sold it and I never heard about it since.  Then I've seen 5 or 6 F4 ones either in person or online.
There is an F4 one stored in the same storage place my '71 V code resides. Sad situation, I'm told its been there around 30 years and a lot of people ask about buying it but the guy who owns it has no interest in selling so it just sits.  Automatic, converted to 4 speed as a I recall.  Original paint and gator top, though worse for wear.  Grille and bumper missing, and the hood is locked down with little padlocks installed in the hood pins so I've never been able to look under the hood to see the fender tag or if everything is there on the engine. 

cuda hunter

I bet the FT6 with v1G is an amazing looking car!