Main Menu

2021 or 22 Dodge Barracuda

Started by Jim AAR, September 11, 2020, 06:10:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jim AAR

Ricomondo

I think web sites like that exist just to fan a particular car makers fan base.
Until I see a report from a reputable periodical; Car and Driver, MCG, etc. its all just speculation.
Could be an interesting vehicle though?
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

TheAutoArchaeologist

It's completely BS, and so is the site.  They just make up some stuff for clicks.
Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

HP2

Like they say in the article, its been a rumor for over a decade. That long is just wishful thinking.

340sport

Ask the question....why?  Why would they do this at this time?  Challenger sales (and Charger) are not diminishing, the Barracuda may lure some buyers, but how many people are actually waiting for this release?  Why use the Barracuda name and brand it as a Dodge?  Why continue to bring back old model nameplates and ruin them (like the Dart and rumored Road Runner)?  In my opinion, the Charger never should have been released under that model name.  It's not a tribute or representative of the Charger that we know and love, although the concept actually had some 1970 styling to it.  They did a good job with the Challenger and are continuing to do so.  I guess we'll wait and see about the Barracuda, but for now, I think it's just clickbait.  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

The "new" Challenger is still selling well but it's been out too long IMO. I hope if Peugot or whoever it is now brings out a retro American car it still retains a V8 but it's about 800lbs lighter.
Sheldon

gzig5

Looks like the current Camaro to me.   :barf:

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Locomotion

:deadhorse: BS here as well. This info pops up somewhere at least 1-2 times per year just to create some "buzz". As mentioned.....wait for a reliable source.

And the taillights remind me of a '72 - '74 Challenger anyway!

TheAutoArchaeologist

Just for some more information.

The pictures were stolen from a variety of websites that have the same tag.  And all of the information as well.

They did think about bringing a "Barracuda" model to Dodge a few years ago.  But it didn't pass the "sniff" test.  The Challenger name has far more recognition value now then the Barracuda, outside of Muscle Car individuals. 
Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

CudaMoparRay

:iagree: Completely agree that while the Dodge Challenger is a success why would they even consider breaking that.
As much as I was wishing that that would happen and we would have a barracuda sometime in the near future this has just been too long and I officially give up :whiteflag: on this glorious pipe dream.

MEK-Dangerous

I've been hearing this since 2017. Maybe someday, but I'm not holding my breath.

MoparLeo

The fact is that the platform that the Challenger, Charger, 300 is going away in the next few years. Corporate platform consolidation is going to happen. It will most likely be a Fiat or Alfa-Romeo platform which will be much smaller.  Look for the Dodge or Chrysler nameplate to go the way of the Plymouth brand. You have to remember that the Europeans are now pulling the strings on what happens with these cars. They make their money on Ram truck/Jeep sales.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

RUNCHARGER

Exactly. I don't like my money going to Europe either. I think I'm likely going Ford next time.
Sheldon

340sport

You may be correct, but I have to think they are putting a lot of marketing, research and development into SRT, so maybe they will stick around longer than expected.