Main Menu

70-74 E-body rear defogger question

Started by 70/6chall, March 26, 2020, 09:29:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

Some information here gang if you please.beings that we are all shut ins collectively, I've taken more time to weed through the dark recesses of the garage. In a box I pulled out some things I haven't seen in awhile and at the bottom of the box I found a rear window defogger. All the pieces present except the black "drier" hose. But, it also has the second speaker adapter housing. I read in a post sometime back that this part was a hard item to come by,is this true? I believe I picked these parts up years ago in hopes of putting in a rear defogger set-up and use 2 rear 6x9 speakers in the package tray. Not sure if I'll go in this direction anymore. Any info offered will help.
Thanks Mopar gang.   Al

anlauto

Reproductions are available now wich brought the value of originals down, but it's like still worth $100 or so  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7212Mopar

Reproduction one cost over $200. I bought one from CI few years ago. My car has factory rear defroster but no rear speakers. I needed that to put 6x9s at the rear. There is a bracket to attach the housing to the deck and it is not reproduce. They are hard to find if you need one.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket