Main Menu

71 Challenger Sunroof cars

Started by 73Cudamann, January 18, 2017, 09:17:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

73Cudamann

Does anyone know how many sunroof Challengers were built in 71? Is there a code for this on the fender tag and or build sheet? This is not my car but the email picture I received a while back. Well optioned car 2 fender tag.

Cuda Cody

Should be M51 on the build sheet, but not sure they put it on the fender tag.  @anlauto will know for sure.  He's restored half of them known to exist.   :bradsthumb:

73Cudamann

Yep your right its on the BS I found it. thanks Cody

anlauto

In 1971 I believe it was 63 for USA production. @73Cudamann

Lots of info here: https://moparsunroofregistry.com/  :toast:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

73Cudamann

Cuda Cody

This was just posted on our E-Bodies.org Facebook page:

1971 Challenger SUNROOF!
I believe there were only 42 cars made with a sunroof. This roof came from a Tawny Gold 71.

I have the entire roof, cut from lower A-pillar to lower C-pillar. It is not assembled but includes everything you need to assemble a working factory sunroof. Includes; motor, cables, bits & pieces. And a nos switch. A lot of the other pieces are nos too, but I dont want to misstate until I confirm which ones.
I also have the correct nos headliner and bows for a sunroof car!
I bought all the working parts from Jimmy Boros intending to put it onto my car but never did and now it's for sale!

Since this is so rare, I don't know what to ask for it so I'm offering it for bids. It's been stored indoors the last 20 years, is in primer and rust free.
I will post pictures soon.
Please let me know what you guys think!

sdweatherman

@73Cudamann - That two tag 71 sunroof Challenger is looking a little shinier now - with a couple of upgrades.

Cuda Cody

That's a sweet Challenger!   :inlove:

Quote from: sdweatherman on March 29, 2017, 01:13:40 PM
@73Cudamann - That two tag 71 sunroof Challenger is looking a little shinier now - with a couple of upgrades.

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 09, 2017, 07:26:39 AM

1971 Challenger SUNROOF!
I believe there were only 42 cars made with a sunroof. This roof came from a Tawny Gold 71.

I have the entire roof, cut from lower A-pillar to lower C-pillar. It is not assembled but includes everything you need to assemble a working factory sunroof. Includes; motor, cables, bits & pieces. And a nos switch. A lot of the other pieces are nos too, but I dont want to misstate until I confirm which ones.
I bought all the working parts from Jimmy Boros intending to put it onto my car but never did and now it's for sale!

Since this is so rare, I don't know what to ask for it so I'm offering it for bids. It's been stored indoors the last 20 years, is in primer and rust free.

@Cuda Cody Do you know who posted this on Facebook ? Member @bpsmopar is an interested purchaser possibly.

I just went to Facebook for the first time and couldn't find it....totally different crowd over there....we need those guys on here !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

The member was Mo Parman.  I'll send him a link to this thread in hopes he'll get you or @bpsmopar  his contact info:

Quote from: anlauto on March 31, 2017, 11:14:29 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 09, 2017, 07:26:39 AM

1971 Challenger SUNROOF!

@Cuda Cody Do you know who posted this on Facebook ? Member @bpsmopar is an interested purchaser possibly.

I just went to Facebook for the first time and couldn't find it....totally different crowd over there....we need those guys on here !

Cuda Cody

Yup, finding stuff on Facebook is a bit more difficult.  Not impossible, but just a different way of doing it.  We have a good group of guys on both sites, but I'm with you.... if they really knew how great our forum is I think more of them would be here.  We have some fun things planned to help cross promote each site as we're really one big group of E-Body fans.   :grouphug:

Quote from: anlauto on March 31, 2017, 11:14:29 AM