Main Menu

New Look for old AAR....New wheels now too !

Started by anlauto, January 18, 2017, 07:11:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

We call that "ghosting" and it happens when the the UV rays are blocked from area while other areas of the paint are subject to them.  The paint slightly changes when exposed to UV light and when you remove a decal you can see the ghost outline of where it was.  The good news is if you give it enough time it will settle down and somewhat match, but there is always the chance it will never look perfect.  They make products (called Ghost off) that people say work, but I've found the best is to let the UV light even it back out over time.

Quote from: 750-h2 on March 28, 2017, 03:04:23 PM
Problem with decals is when you remove them you will often discover that the paint underneath them shrunk and you will always be able to see the outline of the removed decals. Buffing will not usually help.

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Quote from: 750-h2 on March 28, 2017, 03:04:23 PM
Problem with decals is when you remove them you will often discover that the paint underneath them shrunk and you will always be able to see the outline of the removed decals. Buffing will not usually help.

Never really thought of that good point  :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration