Main Menu

71 Cuda 340 Motor Mount Bracket

Started by VCODE, November 22, 2017, 02:27:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

VCODE

71 340 Cuda. Is this a 71 engine thing. This bracket on the motor mount looks original, but I have never seen one before. Anyone know.
Bob :ohyeah:

Rich G.

I've never saw a bracket like that before. I don't think it belongs on there.

Cuda Cody

I've never seen that before!  Notice how 1 bolt has paint on it and the other doesn't.   :clueless:  Pretty cool!

@anlauto  @6bblgt  @cudaized  @MMC Detroit   Have you guys ever seen anything like that? 

anlauto

I agree it looks like a factory piece, but I have never seen anything like that on a 70-71 small block, mind you, I haven't restored a lot of 340 cars....I would ask @ScottSmith_Harms ...he's the 340 expert. :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ScottSmith_Harms

I agree it looks like a factory piece, but I have never seen anything like that on a 70-71 small block, mind you, I haven't restored a lot of 340 cars....I would ask @ScottSmith_Harms ...he's the 340 expert. :worship:

You can see it at: https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion/2/71-cuda-340-motor-mount-bracket/4590/msg65642#msg65642
[/quote]

I have never seen that one. Orange painted bolt makes no sense because engine mount brackets were not painted orange so something's goofy there. My guess? Maybe it's a factory piece, possibly a retrofit added by a dealer for a warranty issue of some kind, that's a rubber bumper on the end right? Looks like a dampener for engine  vibration/movement or to prevent movement to cure a multiple failures of drivers side insulator?  :notsure:

VCODE

Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on November 23, 2017, 09:38:20 AM

You can see it at: https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion/2/71-cuda-340-motor-mount-bracket/4590/msg65642#msg65642

I have never seen that one. Orange painted bolt makes no sense because engine mount brackets were not painted orange so something's goofy there. My guess? Maybe it's a factory piece, possibly a retrofit added by a dealer for a warranty issue of some kind, that's a rubber bumper on the end right? Looks like a dampener for engine  vibration/movement or to prevent movement to cure a multiple failures of drivers side insulator?  :notsure:
[/quote]

Yea Guys it looks like a engine stop for the mount. I will look for any part #'s and I will get a better picture next week. I will also check to see if that is the original mount.
Bob

Chryco Psycho

VCODE

More pictures, no part number.

6bblgt

pretty ingenious - can't imagine it's factory MOPAR, someone would've recognized it

almost looks like a "2" and maybe more was stenciled on it ??

1 Wild R/T

Just a guess but the biscuit type motor mounts were used is some applications till 77,I'm thinking it might have been added toward the end of the run on cop/fleet/HD applications... Looks to well made to be home made unless the guy was a pretty skilled fabricator...  Looks like a PITA to install/remove... But It would stop the breaking motor mount problems...