Main Menu

73-74 brake rotors?

Started by Convertcuda, February 13, 2019, 03:12:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Convertcuda

Has anyone order these from Rock Auto? Would anyone have the parts number for rotor, bearings, and  seals. I plan to put on 70 spindals so  I think the front or rear bearing will be different for that.

Ken

blown motor

I can get you bearing and seal numbers after I get home in the 24th. Or maybe @jimynick will chime in. He got them for his 74.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

Don't think you can put '73 '74 rotors on a '70 spindle. Or is that the purpose of the question? Like what bearing will make it work?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on February 13, 2019, 05:34:20 PM
Don't think you can put '73 '74 rotors on a '70 spindle. Or is that the purpose of the question? Like what bearing will make it work?

:iagree:  unless you use these... Can't say I'm a big fan of this set up though. But I have no experience with it just don't like the idea of it. I'd swap out the spindles before I tried them.
https://www.doctordiff.com/70-72-b-e-body-disc-brake-spindle-sleeves.html

Lots of other cars to get spindles from..... I disagree with his comments of a/b body spindles  :alan2cents:  I'd use them before I did the sleeve thing...
https://www.allpar.com/history/mopar/brakes/disc-main.html

Convertcuda

Yes those will work but the other trick is change the bearing in the 73 hub and will fit the 70 spindal. I did this many years and forgot the numbers.

Ken

anlauto

I'm not sure what you are asking.....I don't think there is a bearing that will allow you to use a 73-74 rotor on a 70 spindle WITHOUT the aforementioned sleeve. :dunno:

You can easily get the 73-74 rotor/bearing and seal numbers on Rockauto by searching parts for a 73-74 Cuda/Challenger. I buy them there all the time. FYI..the outer bearing is the same for all years. and your 1970 dust shields will need to be trimmed to run the 73-74 rotors :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration