Main Menu

A66 Challenger Registry

Started by 340challconvert, February 09, 2020, 08:14:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

I have been a Challenger fan, but especially an A66 fan for many years.
Over the years I collected information on many A66 cars when available in just tracking the market for these special Challengers. Something I have always wanted to do is to establish a registry for the A66 Challengers. I hope to collect information as any registry would; in a confidential manner, but with enough data to put together pertinent statistics for anyone that is interested. I think a formal A66 registry would go a long way in recording important data, and determine what number of cars are actually still out there.
I have established a dedicated e- mail, an introduction letter and registration form for this purpose.

Please consider registering your car so that our data is organized and available to registrants. All information submitted will be kept confidential and logged into an A66 Databank. Thank you all for your interest and support in documenting our A66 Challengers!

You can obtain the registration form by e-mailing me at the designated registry web site: a66challengerregistry61@yahoo.com. Please fill out the form and scan it to the registry email;

I will eventually convert the registration form to a PDF file for easy e-mailing and possibly look to establish a dedicated web site (one step at a time) I have included an into letter and registration form below if interested.

See letter and forms below.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

340challconvert

Introduction Letter

1970 A66 Challenger Registry

I am excited about setting up an A66 Challenger members registry in order to document our special Challengers which were only made in this format for the 1970 model year. They are really "RT" Challengers with the same performance equipment, but with a powerful, high compression small block 340 engine. This is an area of strong interest of mine and I have a personal interest in these unique cars (having my A66 convertible since 1979, and owning a number of Challengers back in the day)

This is a collaborative effort with your help, as I hope to collect as much information as possible on our A66 cars in order to document and make the data and statistics available to A66 owners or enthusiasts of these unique Challengers. Our cars are experiencing the 50+ year anniversary of their initial production this year (2020) and I thought it would be great to put the information all in one place. It would be great to estimate how many are still out there?

I have also been collecting information about these cars for a number of years including available VIN numbers, broadcast sheets/build dates, and options and would enjoy communicating with others who share an interest and/or ownership in these cars.

Please consider registering your A-66 Challenger by completing the attached registration form. There is no cost or fees for this and the registry is being organized for the fun and interest of A66 owners.

I look forward to hearing from you and am always welcome any suggestions you may have. Please email me and I will quickly send you a sign-up sheet/registration form.

You can obtain the registration form by e-mailing me at the designated registry web site: a66challengerregistry61@yahoo.com. Please fill out the form and scan it to the registry email.

Please consider registering your car so that our data is organized and available to registrants. All information submitted will be kept confidential and logged into an A66 Databank. Thank you for your interest and support in documenting our A66 Challengers!

Sincerely, Phillip Haramia
a66challengerregistry61@yahoo.com

340challconvert

Registration Form (Best viewed on a wide screen monitor)

1970 Challenger A66 Registration Form

a66challengerregistry61@yahoo.com

Name: ________________________________________________________________

Address: ______________________________________________________________

City: _______________________ State/Province/Country: ___________________

Zip/Postal Code: _____________ Phone/Contact # _________________________

E-mail: _____________________ Date of Registration / /

Vehicle Identification Number: JH___________________________ Year Vehicle Purchased: ______

Fender Tag Information: Tag 1 Tag 2 (if applicable)

(Start at bottom, read left to right) Row 6 ______________________ ___________________

Row 5 ______________________ ___________________

Row 4 ______________________ ___________________

Row 3 ______________________ ___________________

Row 2 ______________________ ___________________

Row 1 ______________________ ___________________

Please identify possession of the following: (signify Y or N, or provide information as appropriate):

Original Owner ___ Original Dealership Sold (if known) ____________________________

Scheduled Production Date: ________Window Sticker___ Fender Tag___ Broadcast Sheet___

Ex color/Code _________/_______ Int. color/Code _______/_________ Vinyl___ Cloth ___ Leather___

Original Engine (if known) __ Engine ID #_________________________________ Cast date / /

Original Transmission (if known) ____ Automatic ____ 4 sp _____ 3sp___Transmission ID #_________________

Hood: Flat __Sport hood___ 340 Hood Callouts: Decal__ Emblem __ V-8 Fender callout __ Crunch Zones__

Power steering ___Power brakes ___ Rear Axle Ratio __:___ Sure Grip __

Rallye Dash ___ Steering wheel: wood grain ___ rim blow ___ Radio: AM __ AM-FM __ AM-8 trac __

Bumble Bee Stripe ___ Deleted ___ Color________________ Wheels: road __ rallye ___ wheel covers ___

Current condition: Survivor ___ Restored ___ Day 2 Modified ___ Resto-mod ____ Other ___________

Pg. 1 (form 3/2019)

Modifications and any additional information:

RUNCHARGER

I'll see if I can figure out my computer so I can fill this out.
Sheldon

Romero14

There is also a group on fb for A66 cars.

js27

Do you want it registered even if I do not own it anymore ??
JS27

340challconvert

Yes, that would be great :cheers:
It would allow us to keep track of our cars and create a data bank with option numbers, colors, transmissions  etc.  Win win data to really see how many are still around.
It would be appreciated.
Thanks for participating
Phil

340challconvert

Thanks for your interest
I occasionally post on the FB A66 site
I wanted to communicate with the site administrator to let him know I will be posting the cover letter and registration form there.  He is very involved with our A66 cars

erik70rt

I have the VIN & fender tag for one that is no longer in existence.  Would you like that kind of information, too?
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Dakota

Just emailed the completed form for my car.    :banana:

340challconvert

Quote from: erik70rt on February 11, 2020, 11:55:01 AM
I have the VIN & fender tag for one that is no longer in existence.  Would you like that kind of information, too?

Erik, I would appreciate that information; it would recorded as a car that no longer exits.
Thanks
Phil

erik70rt

Quote from: 340challconvert on February 11, 2020, 03:30:57 PM
Quote from: erik70rt on February 11, 2020, 11:55:01 AM

Erik, I would appreciate that information; it would recorded as a car that no longer exits.
Thanks
Phil

I'll PM you the info later today.

340challconvert

Just some baseline information on the A66 Register information that I currently have;

Total of 67 partial and relatively complete records of A66 Challengers
40 - HD automatics D32
27 - 4 sp D21
Earliest SPD on file 9/25/69, a convertible, automatic in Y1/black
15 A66 Convertibles;  10 automatics, 5- 4 speeds.

A66 Owners; consider registering your Challenger
Thank you
Phil

erik70rt

Here's a pic of the tags.  This was my car in high school.   Literally broke apart from the rust.  Wish I still had it.

benlavigne

I've set up a website to host the registry and the basic info on the A66 Challengers:
www.A66Challenger.com

The registration form is there, available for download!

Ben