Main Menu

AC compressor relocation kit

Started by Cratos, June 30, 2018, 11:18:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cratos

anyone moved there AC compressor to the lower  right side BPE 4715 kit.

Shoooter

I'm intrested in following this! would that only be a option on a small block?

anlauto

Looks like an interesting set-up, but what advantages would it really have ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on June 30, 2018, 08:00:16 PM
Looks like an interesting set-up, but what advantages would it really have ?

It's advantage is for those who don't want to look at an A/C compressor it stays pretty well hidden.. If your really tricky you can hide all the lines in the wheelhouse....I know a guy that runs one on his Hemi Challenger, he says it works well....

anlauto

I didn't know appearance was an "advantage", but I get where you're coming from....

Here's a 1971 Cuda I built with vintage AC.....I hid all the lines in the wheel well.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Brads70

:notsure: Looks like you need to run an electric fuel pump as it's right in the way?

In the item description for BPE 4715 ,it warns several times about a "BELT SQUEAL FROM HELL " if all instructions are not followed .

dbishop1113

Quote from: anlauto on July 01, 2018, 04:40:18 AM
I didn't know appearance was an "advantage", but I get where you're coming from....

Here's a 1971 Cuda I built with vintage AC.....I hid all the lines in the wheel well.

Interested in this, could you give more details?  Did you make any protective shield for road debris?  Was it all custom or did you take the vintage air and just have to modify couple things? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUNCHARGER

I like the idea of mounting it down there. From what I understand you can't fit the mechanical fuel pump in there as well. And yes the little belt without a tensioner pulley between the compressor and alternator doesn't look like the hot setup.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: dbishop1113 on July 01, 2018, 09:17:55 AM
Quote from: anlauto on July 01, 2018, 04:40:18 AM

Interested in this, could you give more details?  Did you make any protective shield for road debris?  Was it all custom or did you take the vintage air and just have to modify couple things? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a 1971 HEMICUDA clone restomod....similar to your current build....All of the hoses shown are custom made and the intention was to shield it from debris.
I was building this car for a customer in Cyprus California, but he ran out of money and never finished the car....I shipped it back there and have no idea if it was ever finished  :dunno:

As I said in the other thread....be prepared to spend a lot of money. :alan2cents:

rocketresto

I would think the biggest advantage of moving the compressor would be able to run a shaker hood or any multiple carb air cleaner.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington