Main Menu

Aftermarket Shaker Hood Options

Started by 392 Cuda, February 01, 2019, 08:41:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

392 Cuda

There is nothing original about my 'cuda, and I think the 392 needs a shaker hood (all hemi's had them back in the day, right?).

I have a couple ideas on how to mount it to the engine, but I need to pick up a hood & bubble to see what I'm working with.

I see a lot of options out there, many fiberglass (and some possibly too cheap)?

Who is making the best shaker hoods/bubbles?

What is everyone's opinion on fiberglass?

Convertcuda

Excited to see your ideas of adding a shaker set-up. Ken

76orangewagon

I believe on the green SEMA Graveyard carz Cuda 392 they used some new Shaker challenger components to mount it to the engine but that was a few seasons and many Rum and Cokes ago so I could be mistaken a little.

392 Cuda

Yeah... They cut the sides down on the modern base plate and "plastic welded" it together... That is one option (pictured). There are also some aftermarket shaker kits that might bee easier to modify. Either way it is pricey unless I can find a boneyard shaker.

I need to find a good hood/bubble to start the project.

Convertcuda

Would this work with hellcat engine also?

anlauto

AMD makes a nice hood out of steel, I would stay away from fiberglass and we have a member here making the bubbles... Chryco
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

392 Cuda

@Chryco Psycho, Do you have an opinion on the different aftermarket shaker options out there (including your own, if available)?

Chryco Psycho

I don;t have an opinion , I have worked with a couple but the big issue is you have me confused LOL
Chryco / Tommy the Chryco  makes the bubbles
I am Chryco Psycho , not Tommy tho  :bigthumb:

392 Cuda

My bad, @Chryco Psycho... I appreciate the correction.

Tommy @Chryco, are you still selling shaker bubbles? How does your bubble compare to the others out there?

Brads70

Great idea and will look cool when your done. Not a "cheap" addition though. Do you have an estimate what it will cost all done?  Shaker parts are not cheap. I helped  on a buddys car and he figures 5K when it was all said and done....but that's up here in Canada and all the parts for an original functioning shaker set up. You won't need all that.

Chryco

Please visit my web page for photos.

Www.tommythechryco.ca
Tommy The Chryco
Cuda Rubber Bumpers and The Better "Shaker Kits"
1-866-893-2547

392 Cuda

@Chryco , the shaker on your site looks like a quality piece... Has brackets for the grills/vents and everything. Do you offer a member price on the unit?