Main Menu

Another Shout out to Mike Ross @ B/E & A

Started by 76orangewagon, January 15, 2021, 01:56:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

Unfortunately Mike wont be able to read this due to his 1st Amendment Right to Freedom of Speech being silenced. Fortunately everybody else will get to read yet another tale of his outgoing generosity to help the Mopar Community. I mentioned that I wanted to pull my Transmission to have him powdercoat the housing and go through it since I have a bearing noise at higher RPMs. I text him yesterday and told him I was pulling it this weekend and he said he would come help Saturday morning and bring his jack and save me from either renting or buying one. Today around noon I let him know that everything was ready for tomorrow and he dropped what he was doing at the shop and drove 45 minutes to help me finish the removal. He is going to disassemble it, powder coat it, reassemble it, bring it back and help me put it back in. What a great guy who goes WAY above and beyond. Yes, I paid him to do the bodywork and paint my car a year ago but since then he has shown that he truly cares about people and volunteers his time and resources and asks nothing in return.

JS29

Can't top that! I have never met him in person, But I have talked to him and he is a stand up guy. The next time I go through Ohio, I do want to meet up with him.  :slapme5:

Matt M

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

fc7cuda

I thought his ban was only 30 days, but he's chosen not to return.   :dunno:

A loss for this site for sure as his knowledge and experience is exceptional!  He finished my trans recently and it is impeccable!!  He really enjoys what he's doing and it shows in the high quality of work and results.   :twothumbsup:

VCODE

Chryco

Tommy The Chryco
Cuda Rubber Bumpers and The Better "Shaker Kits"
1-866-893-2547

Fastmark

Yep. I'm not surprised.  I sent him a customer that let a friend help him move. His friend broke is 70 Cuda grill in three pieces. Mike had to tease him some but fixed him up with a grill center. Great guy.

76orangewagon

Some updated photo's since Friday....I think that this was the last  part that had been previously Rattle canned. Now everything regarding the suspension/driveline is powder coated or painted with a professional grade finish. After the tear down (first two pics) the transmission was blasted(3rd pic) and the White looking housing (4th pic) is the Matte powder before baking. Again Mike is doing a superb job making sure everything is as perfect as possible. I know a few top Mopar restoration shops that are sending Mike their Customer suspension parts for powder coat not only for the durability of the finish but for the spot on appearance of Cast parts. I also should mention that on all the fasteners Mike added the correct Black Oxide finish and then Powder Coated.  Did I mention Mike is still charging me the same price that he did when he helped me assemble the car ...FREE !!!   

76orangewagon

Well it's been two weeks ago since Mike took my Transmission and today he returned it with a new rear bearing and true to form he stuck around and not only helped me install it but also made sure everything like the exhaust was hooked up and properly aligned before leaving. He also took my Shaker bubble and repainted it because he thought it wasn't the proper Black, I thought it looked good but who was I to argue oh and did I mention that was free too just like the Powder coating on the Transmission and all the labor. 

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

If any members are interested in some OEM Black Wrinkle done, Mike has nailed the process using a durable Powder coating. Why would you even want to try this with a Cheap "Rattle can" when the finish would never hold up to any type of cleaning chemicals or underhood fluids.

Spikedog08

Quote from: 76orangewagon on January 15, 2021, 01:56:40 PM
Unfortunately Mike wont be able to read this due to his 1st Amendment Right to Freedom of Speech being silenced. Fortunately everybody else will get to read yet another tale of his outgoing generosity to help the Mopar Community. I mentioned that I wanted to pull my Transmission to have him powdercoat the housing and go through it since I have a bearing noise at higher RPMs. I text him yesterday and told him I was pulling it this weekend and he said he would come help Saturday morning and bring his jack and save me from either renting or buying one. Today around noon I let him know that everything was ready for tomorrow and he dropped what he was doing at the shop and drove 45 minutes to help me finish the removal. He is going to disassemble it, powder coat it, reassemble it, bring it back and help me put it back in. What a great guy who goes WAY above and beyond. Yes, I paid him to do the bodywork and paint my car a year ago but since then he has shown that he truly cares about people and volunteers his time and resources and asks nothing in return.

@76orangewagon  Why would he not be able to read this?  Is his computer broken?  You don't have to log in to be able to read threads on the site . . Confused??   :dunno:

Looks like some great work . . Car looks amazing! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

76orangewagon

Quote from: Spikedog08 on January 29, 2021, 01:30:51 PM
Quote from: 76orangewagon on January 15, 2021, 01:56:40 PM

@76orangewagon  Why would he not be able to read this?  Is his computer broken?  You don't have to log in to be able to read threads on the site . . Confused??   :dunno:

Looks like some great work . . Car looks amazing!
Actually he cannot because I believe he said his IP address is locked and he can't read stuff from his computer and he cannot openly communicate with members who may have questions or directed comments. He has tons of real helpful inputs and advice that he can't share that was the point of the opening comment but I have a sneaky suspicion that you may have knew what I meant.

JS29