Main Menu

Any body here own this T/A

Started by js27, November 21, 2018, 09:05:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

I was just going through some of my old photo's and ran across these. This is my friends car he bought back in the mid 70's off the original owner with just 7000 miles on it. As we all did back in the day we street raced for a while and then put it on the strip. I spent many many hours helping him work on this car. Here is what I can remember about it. It was EV2- Black Interior console 4-speed with the 3.91 rear. He sold it in the mid 80's to a guy not sure where but Michigan keeps popping into my mind. He never blew the motor so it had the numbers matching block and he sold it with the original 6 pack and exhaust. We swapped 4 speeds because my 67 GTX had a 2:47 ? low gear and his had the 2:65 ? or it was the other way around. Anyway he never altered the body in any way -no tubs or frame ties. The car ran consistent low 11's with a single 4 barrel -on just gas. All he did was remove the black paint from the grille and headlite bezels and left them chrome ( My Idea) and he had the hood painted Gloss Black and the scoop painted silver with some orange webbing- Hey it was the 70's.. He was from Scranton PA. I just always wonder what became of the car and thought I would throw it out here.
JS27

Cuda Cody

whitewatersky

T/A Auto Plum Crazy

AAR#2

Quote from: js27 on November 21, 2018, 09:05:59 AM
. . . Hey it was the 70's.. He was from Scranton PA.

I grew up in Wilkes-Barre in the 70's, left in the early 80's and haven't been back since. There were a lot of cool cars during the period back there. Couple in particular come to mind. I've been thinking of trying to make a few calls to connect with some old (ok, OLD-OLD) friends to see what ever became of those cars. This post will serve as a good memory jogger.

js27

Yes I remember a lot of cool cars coming down to our hangout in front of the GLOBE store in downtown Scranton. One of the ones I remember was a red AAR owned by a gut we called Demetreis THE GREEK. I think he own a Dunkin Doughnut shop. I also remember a cool 63 or 64 Max Wedge Dodge.
Great Times and memories.
JS27

750-h2

AAR#2

In Wilkes-barre it was the square, cruise the square and try to find someone to race, often across the Market Street bridge.
You mentioned The Globe, we had one on the Square in W-B too, as well as a Fowler, Dick, and Walker, The Boston Store and an SS Kresge. Pretty sure all are gone.
While there were plenty of cool cars I really had my MOPAR fever supported by a good showing of the brand in that town