Main Menu

Anyone use IMM Engines out Indio CA

Started by Bossgold, August 20, 2019, 05:30:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Bossgold

Looking to see if anyone has used IMM Engines out of Indio CA. Ran by a Father and Son they seem to have Mopar experience especially in six Pack setups. Let me know if you have had any work performed by Brian or Fred and how it came out. Quality of work, timeliness, price. I am looking to find a solid 340 builder for a numbers match engine and was wondering if anyone here has any input. Any type of reference will be helpful and you can PM Message me if you would like....thanks in advance

1 Wild R/T

I haven't personally used them but allot of folks in southern California & honestly all over the south west have... They have a top notch reputation.... I wouldn't hesitate to use them... But realize they specialize in performance so numbers matching & OE correct doesn't go very far with them...

Bossgold

sounds to me that the OE and original numbers matching engine should then be easy right? I mean that from a machining standpoint,  if you build racing engines then getting a stock measured/balanced engine would be right up their alley....right? I appreciate the input but what I guess I am asking is that this is numbers matching and I want to make sure its the right builder.  I mean, its not a crate motor that I can go buy when it gets screwed up.

1 Wild R/T

Talk to them, they are good people & offer a quality job...

autoxcuda

I bought my scat rotating assembly from him.

What impressed me was his honesty and down to earth building for actual street cars.

He doesn't oversell. He told me he's checked scat balanced kits on his balance machine and we're fine for what I was doing.

Many shops badmouth stuff that they just happen to offer services for.

And he is in touch with the reality of street driven cars. Not just some dude that hits a number on a dyno to brag and sell motors. And then the owner never drives it cause it's out of tune, idles raunchy, and a general pita.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

7212Mopar

I had Brian build and dynoed my 416 stroked 340. I was not looking for a stock rebuild. I actually stop by his shop, met his Dad too and he spent 30 minutes talking to me. He offered friendly advice and suggested parts that would work with my goal and not go with expensive parts. For example, he would recommend going with Scat cast crank that is good enough for 500hp but I insisted forged crank and pistons. I was looking at Hughes CNC Eldelbrock heads and he convinced me to go with Procomp CNC heads to save some money. Engine has been running great, lots of power and I have yet spin it past 4500 RPM. My advice is just call him up and decide for yourself.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

crackedback

Known Brian and his father for about 15 years.  Good people that do solid work. 

Whatever you want to do, they can handle it.  A stock style rebuild would be rather easy for them.  You can dyno it there, have it broken in and check for leaks before it leaves the shop.