Main Menu

Back to Vanishing Point

Started by PaleRider, January 12, 2018, 02:40:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

Great video. Someone took some time to create this one.  :cheers:

Cuda Cody

Freaking awesome.  Very well done.   :1place:   :bravo:  The one that starts at 6:10 is my favorite. 

Brads70

:bravo:  Wow I really enjoyed that Roland! Thanks for posting!  :handshake:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Spikedog08

Totally cool!  Could watch it over and over again!  :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

750-h2

Amazing video! I would love to drive down those roads.

303 Mopar

I love all of your video @PaleRider!  Great talent shooting and putting those together!   :banana:

headejm

:iagree: Super cool way to start the day. Nice job!

RUNCHARGER

I want to make that run in the near future. Just no reason not to.
Sheldon

Cudagirl3406

Supercool video @PaleRider  :bradsthumb:  Makes me REALY want to get in my car and row some gears!! :driving:

erik70rt

That was SWEET! :ohyeah:  I just watched it again the other night!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Drive In Cars

I was actually almost in the works of driving this route in a Graveyard Carz VP clone. I was contacted by Mark Worman on purchasing his tribute car and a film crew would follow and film the journey.  I told him I already have a almost exact duplicate right down to the chrome mirror, gas cap & spare tire. I even have Clevon Little's signed script. Only difference mine kept her original 383.  I told him this is right up my alley for I collect and display my cars, show these movies at my two drive-in theaters.  I also told him about a reality show idea on movie cars and the journey of finding and restoring  and comparison to the original movie cars, reenacting scenes ....etc . He replied and the said he was thinking the same thing. If anybody has been watching that's what he's started doing with his "Dukes" car episode.  Here is one of my e-mail transaction with Mark. 

01/28/16 at 12:11 PM
Hi Bill,

Good to hear from you, sir. Just for the record, I love the old movie cars and we're actually working on a pitch for a reality series about this very idea, I'll keep you posted.

I did find a buyer/investor for the VP Tribute car. However, he is located in Canada and as you may know, the economy up there recently tanked and he's advised me that if I found a new client, he would gladly step aside.

The car is being built to emulate perfectly and exactly the car from the 1971 Vanishing Point movie. I've done exhaustive research on it and know exactly how it needs built. The only variation will be a 5 speed with overdrive transmission but will retain the pistol grip.

Upon completion of the car the owner if he chooses or a select driver, will duplicate Kowalski's journey from Denver to SF in 15 hours. This will be real time and we will film the journey. This pace means the car will average around 85mph all the time. Thus the 5 speed with overdrive.

If this is something you are seriously interested in I'm happy to discuss on the phone. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be involved with. It will be featured in Graveyard Carz and probably will be the most talked about VP Challenger on the planet. We air in over a hundred countries around the globe so this car and story will be greatly seen. The all in number on the car and involvement is $100,000.00. I think this is a great price considering the restoration alone is worth 80K. The car is originally a 6 cylinder, 3 speed on the floor. It's an excellent body that I've been saving for 20 years for this project.

Let me know your thoughts.

Graveyard Carz Mark Worman CEO 3654 Kathryn Ave. Springfield, Or 97478 (541) 726-7670 office

I thought this was kinda neat. A bit pricey for a 6 cylinder car though. If I hadn't already had my car, I probably would have worked out a deal.

Thought you folks might have found this interesting,

Drive-In Cars,  Bill
Movies & Cars......So Movie Cars it is !

PaleRider

Mark W. can contact me anytime if he is willing to pay for shipment from the Netherlands and for Insurance (2 big things for my 2012 USA trip).  8)
Car is built for high speeds (check my Autobahn vids) so 85 mph is no problem  :burnout: