Main Menu

barn find 1971 HEMI 4-speed Challenger R/T

Started by 6bblgt, July 23, 2020, 07:32:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Smallblock340

Quote from: JH27N0B on July 25, 2020, 05:47:30 AM
I'd love to own that one, I hope to see it after it gets restored!

:iagree:
One of the cars you have to hear, smell and drive before you die... :wowzers:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

IRON MAN

This 1971 Challenger Hemi, 4 spd, M28 hood molding "Barn Find" showed up today at Coffee and Clutches car gathering in Antioch, Ca. The above video describes the condition of it perfectly. Spoke with the owner (lives nearby) about his plans for it. This was a sight to behold. Wish I had my camera with me.

6bblgt

Quote from: IRON MAN on September 05, 2021, 01:50:27 PM
This 1971 Challenger Hemi, 4 spd, M28 hood molding "Barn Find" showed up today at Coffee and Clutches car gathering in Antioch, Ca. The above video describes the condition of it perfectly. Spoke with the owner (lives nearby) about his plans for it. This was a sight to behold. Wish I had my camera with me.

running or on a trailer?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: fc7cuda on July 25, 2020, 05:04:42 AM
I saw a pic on a FB post of this collection of cars all loaded on a car hauled.  No idea where they were headed.  :dunno:

Well they are back on a truck.......... My buddy was driving the truck....  See Ya in Vegas....

IRON MAN

I did not see a trailer in the show area or in the spectator parking area. Does not rule out it didn't come on a trailer. Someone asked him about why it had the wrong wheels on it. He said he put his '68 Charger wheels on it to get it to the show. He lives ~ 7 miles away. Next time I see him I will ask. There were about 120 classics today. Six of them were 1st Gen Challengers ,Two Cudas, and two 1st Gen Chargers. We were all trying to ask him questions. A good friend of mine was showing his 70 Cuda and told me the owner of the 71 Challg Hemi is a car flipper and flies around the country buying classic Mopars. He said he has over a 100 classic Mopars.

1 Wild R/T

From what I understand, the truck he was driving actually had a few other cars on it & the Challenger will be going on another load...

The owner does flop cars but he also has stuff he considers keepers..

IRON MAN

1Wild R/T, That kinda makes sense. I was told he has a place in Georgia that restores his Mopars.

1 Wild R/T

I have no idea.. But it wouldn't surprise me at all... I only found out about the cars going to Vegas this past week

EV2RTSE

IRON MAN

Owner told me he picked up the 71 Hemi Challenger in Arizona. The second Instagram photo above looks like he's driving the 71 Challg into the show today. I recognize the 67 Blue Nova in the background.

RzeroB

Hmmm? Who is this guy?? I thought TB (not Tom Brady LOL) was the owner??
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)