Main Menu

Best outside door handles and wheel well moldings 70 challenger

Started by mikep, January 31, 2019, 10:11:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mikep

Who makes the best reproduction outside door handles and wheel well moldings for a 70 challenger?

anlauto

I like Dale's Cuda shop for door handles.  :alan2cents: The wheel trim I get from David at Roseville works well.  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

I see Restoration Parts Source sells all 4 Challenger wheel opening moldings for $141 a set. All others are in the $200+ range.  Anyone ever try the RPS set? I would think for that price, they may not fit well.
TW

Rich G.

Topcat

Did wheel well mouldings get better?

I recall they sucked big time trying to fit.

mikep

I found an NOS set of the wheel well moldings for $300.  I guess I'll go with Dales Cuda shop for the door handles. I might be able to get a pair of NOS door handles for around $300. $350. But Dales are much cheaper and look pretty good.

RUNCHARGER

I've got a set of NOS door handles but they aren't that great. Like most they are the ones Chrysler made later to fit both the Cuda and Challenger. I've had a few cars since I bought them from the dealer and I have always installed the best used ones I could find. I've got a set of NOS WOM as well and prefer them over the repops.
Sheldon

mikep

Thanks for the tip on the NOS door handles. I will probably go with Dale's since I think they are the correct curve for the challenger.  I do have one OEM handle I bought a while back that has perfect Chrome that needs the  inside repainted  not sure what to use for that if anyone has any tips.

MEK-Dangerous

Back when I did this on my 70 Challenger, they didn't make repro door handles for a Challenger. The Cuda door handles worked just fine, I really didn't even notice the difference in the contour between the Challenger and Cuda door handles to be honest.

The wheel well trim might take some negotiating. Start in the middle and work your way out from each side. In the end, I had to enlarge a couple of holes.

Rich G.

All the OER trim I got fit real nice. I did my Cuda 10 yrs ago and yes everything was horrible. Took hours with a shrinker stretcher to get the wheelwell mouldings to fit. Impossible to get the door top trim to snap on the plastic clips! Hopefully is better now because I need new trim for the 73 Cuda I'm working on now.