Main Menu

Breaking in my buddy's 440+6 on the Dyno (Video)

Started by Cuda Cody, February 27, 2017, 07:05:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Some of you might remember Chris Driscoll's Yellow AAR and Tawney Gold Challenger From Graveyard Carz.  The 71 Tawney gold Challenger is a real V-Code 440 Six Pack car.  Chris did not have an engine for it so I helped him find one.  Today we broke it in and dyno's it.  Built to to stock specs and it was pretty much dead on.  The only real difference is I like them at 9 to 1 compression with today's gas instead of the 10+ to 1 like back in 1970.  And we use headers to break it in.  On pump gas we got 385 HP and mid 450's for torque.  The torque was big all across the pull.  Love these big block Mopars!

[video]https://forum.e-bodies.org/gallerypics/videos/1_24_02_17_7_05_22.mp4[/video]

Cuda Cody

headejm

He looks happy.  The sound of the engine starting up in the first video is ridiculously cool. :cheers:

screamindriver

Sounds great... :bigthumb:   He's got to be happy with that..

jimynick

There's just something about hearing them come alive, isn't there? It sounded good and I'm sure it'll also put a smile on his face when it goes back into the car.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

fc7cuda

Quote from: jimynick on February 27, 2017, 07:40:22 PM
There's just something about hearing them come alive, isn't there?

:iagree:

Sounded good, and nice setup at that shop too.  :clapping:

anlauto

It's nice when they are run on a dyno first before paint and installation . Then it's just a matter of drop in and go ! :stayinlane:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

That is awesome!  Sounds real nice and good numbers!  Do you have pics of Chris' V Code Chally this 440 is going into?

Rev-It-Up

That sounded wonderful!  I closed my eyes and I could smell the distinct smell of a mopar interior and a faint smell of burning rubber.  :thankyou:
Rev-It-Up

Cuda Cody

I might have some photos, but if not I'll take some next time I'm over there.   :takepicture:

Quote from: 303 Mopar on February 28, 2017, 06:22:02 AM
That is awesome!  Sounds real nice and good numbers!  Do you have pics of Chris' V Code Chally this 440 is going into?