Main Menu

Building Seats From frame up

Started by ledphoot, March 07, 2019, 02:23:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

I got impatient and said screw it today. Bought the frames / sliders to build out a set of ebody seats from scratch. Looks pretty straight forward.  I'd like to use leather but for simplicity sake I will probably just buy the foam and vinyl from legendary.

Anybody got any tips / tricks or sage advice on building out some seats? Is legendary still the best source for covers / foam?

Thanks!

ToxicWolf

Legendary reproduces the original leather seats by creating leather inserts for the vinyl seats. Just in case you're interested.

CudamanTom

I purchased leather seat covers from Legendary. LOVE them!!!
I also did a buildup from the frame.

I highly suggest getting the material and tools to do the job and prep the seats for the foam and covers. I reused my foam because they were still in really good shape.

71 Cuda Vert (clone) - 440/4 Black/Black
71 Cuda Hardtop - 440/4 Sassy Grass green/Black
70 Cuda Vert - 340/6 Rally Red/White (Previously Owned)

ToxicWolf

Like Tom, I got the leather seat covers from Legendary for my 70 Challenger and love them.  :banana:

ledphoot

My Cuda is a '73.. you guys think the earlier seats would look strange in the later style Cuda? I truly prefer leather, just not sure about the overall look if I have to use an earlier style.

I am going to call legendary.

:)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

CudamanTom

Honestly, I don't think earlier style seats would look strange in a later model. They look very similar. I think it's preference IMO.
But if building for judging, it's something probably to think about.

I have more pics of when I built up my seats if needed.
71 Cuda Vert (clone) - 440/4 Black/Black
71 Cuda Hardtop - 440/4 Sassy Grass green/Black
70 Cuda Vert - 340/6 Rally Red/White (Previously Owned)

ledphoot

So legendary is awesome, they'll make the seats however I want. I can pick the leather / grain etc.. They'll make them like the '73 pattern but out of leather. I have a bit of a crush on legendary at the moment :)

larry4406

Following along.  Please photo document your seat buildup.