Main Menu

Buildsheet, Fender tags and MSRP

Started by Cjs Cuda, September 21, 2018, 12:09:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cjs Cuda

One of the  lucky ones to actually have the build sheet for a LA built car. Just wish it was all there and they were all in better condition. Love the decoders, great to see all the build options listed.

Cuda Cody

:lookatthat:  It's rare enough to have a build sheet, but to have one for a LA built car with all the other docs you have!!!   :banana:  pretty lucky!!! 

6bblgt

Great looking 'cuda, awesome story & excellent documentation - just remember some people have NOTHING  :thinking:

the bottom line will show suspension, steering wheel & wheels - ALL are covered elsewhere, nothing is unknown

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cjs Cuda

Thank you guys.  :thankyou: @6bblgt or @Cuda Cody is there anything you can tell of this sheet? I know it's not the best quality but any help is appreciated.

Cuda Cody

Where did you get that sheet from?

Quote from: Cjs Cuda on September 21, 2018, 11:05:06 PM
Thank you guys.  :thankyou: @6bblgt or @Cuda Cody is there anything you can tell of this sheet? I know it's not the best quality but any help is appreciated.

Culvers

Quote from: Cjs Cuda on September 21, 2018, 11:05:06 PM
this is a 64/65 sheet
in the box (with the black circle) you can see what model it is for. I only can read _42, but the important part is the first letter

6bblgt

it appears to be from a '65 Coronet 500 2-door hardtop (W42)
unfortunately '65 broadcast sheets don't show a VIN number

it was "light tan" with a "tan" bucket seat interior w/poly 318 2bbl (w/CA emissions) & torqueflite

6bblgt

the VIN associated with the above b'cast would be: W45(plant)xxxxxx

W4512xxxxx - Detroit built
W4551xxxxx - Los Angeles built
W4571xxxxx - St. Louis built

the 129 08014 Shipping Order Number (S.O.#) would be stamped on the matching car & fender tag

Cjs Cuda

Thanks @6bblgt  My dad must have put this in the wrong folder. One of the cars he redid was a 65 Coronet.  But he painted red and changed the interior to black.

6bblgt

if you can come up with the VIN, can you post it?

Cjs Cuda

@6bblgt I looked thru the box of paperwork I have and could not find any other paperwork for the Coronet. The next time I talk to his friend who owned the shop where he worked on the cars I'll see if he has any info on it.