Main Menu

"by PLYMOUTH" Barracuda/'cuda tailpanel emblem

Started by 6bblgt, December 13, 2017, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

anyone know what the difference is between the '71 #3570075 emblem & the '72-'74 #3569452 emblem?

were these used on any other car?

Cuda Cody

I think @HEMICUDA  was reproducing one of them?  He might know the difference between the two (if there is a difference).  :notsure:

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 13, 2017, 11:18:51 PM
I think @HEMICUDA  was reproducing one of them?  He might know the difference between the two (if there is a difference).  :notsure:

Dan and I are trying to figure out what the part number discrepancy is between 71 and 72-74.  There was a brushed aluminum, instead of black "by Plymouth", made and was wondering the application.  Why the different part numbers between 71 & 72-74?  I've never seen a brush aluminum emblem on any Cuda/Barracuda.

MoparDave

well it appears to have been 3 servicing part numbers.  As with Mike I haven't actually seen the silver version. in the world of mopar and supersessions
3570075 > 3569542 > 4022601
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

71REDCUDA

Only the black style were used on 71 Cudas. Silverbackground on Barracudas.

HEMICUDA

anlauto

Quote from: 71REDCUDA on December 23, 2017, 12:48:07 AM
Only the black style were used on 71 Cudas. Silverbackground on Barracudas.

First I've heard of that :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

quapman

I'm pretty sure the "brushed aluminum" ones are just black ones where the paint faded &/or wore off.

The early part #s found on the actual part were for the cast part only and were used in multiple applications prior to "by PLYMOUTH". The "by PLYMOUTH" was resurrected in 78 for the #43 Kit Cars. Probably the "4xxx..." number.

71REDCUDA

Its a  laminate process, basically an embossed foil with the "by Plymouth" raised up, the surrounding area colored in blacked (for Cuda versions) then a clear protective film was applied over the top. This laminate piece was glued into the chromed pot metal emblem. Over the years several Mopar name plates used this exact same pot metal emblem casting with various laminate inserts for the various applications. The only reproductions I've seen were poorly made and not manufactured in the same way and therefore not correct in the details.

CudaMoparRay

Again and again on this site a fantastic amount of new and, at least to me, obscure information that even some hard core Mopar fans wonder about.
Going to have to paint the inside of mine as I like the contrast better.