Main Menu

Came across my old 70 RT drag car.

Started by LinceCuda, November 13, 2017, 03:45:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

LinceCuda

I've been trying to find a Cuda project for a old high school friend Steve. Back in 1976 Steve had a really nice 71 340 pistol grip car, a lot of fun was had in that car. He now lives in Houston Texas and wants a good Cuda project so I've been searching the southeast for him. I sold my drag car back in 2012 to a home builder in Texas named Rick Vernon. He told me he was going to put "Mighty Mopar" on the side of it after he rebuilt the car with all the changes he had planned. Well while searching for Steve I came across it on the Houston Craigslist. Of course the 1st thing I notice was Ricks name and the trim missing across the front of the hood. The next thing I noticed was the air brushed headlights that I kept and put back on when I brought it back from the dead. Those lights were from back in 1971 when it was turned into a race car the first time. He really made some nice changes. Here's a couple of pics as it is now and one of it when I was building it and the one when I first found it notice the headlights. :burnout:

Cuda Cody

LinceCuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 13, 2017, 03:47:04 PM
:lookatthat:  That looks like a beast!
I agree I was trying to get the other 2 pics to post but they won't oh well they are on my other post.

LinceCuda

I was trying to copy the CL ad but can't get that to come over either not sure if its me or the computer lol.

Chryco Psycho