Main Menu

Car Care Products-Ceramic Coating

Started by 7212Mopar, March 15, 2020, 06:12:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7212Mopar

First I don't have any high dollar vehicles that warrant spending a few thousand dollars for professionally applied ceramic coating and put on a clear bra. Last week I picked up a bottle of Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray Coating and use it on my wife's SUV. I wanted something that can keep her vehicle clean longer because I am the one that does all the washing. I think for about $20 a bottle and the ease of application, this stuff is really worth the price. The finish is not ultra shiny like what you can get from a good wax job but it is still fairly good. I have not try to put wax over it. The big plus to me is how it get rids of water stain and you can use it on the glass too. The dried up water stains like after a rain can be wiped off with just a towel and there is no trace of it. Not sure how long it will hold up and probably there are other products out there that works better. But for $20, this works for me. I am going to try it on my 73 next week.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

GoodysGotaCuda

I've been using meguiers ultimate fast finish and love it. Their ceramic wax is supposed to be the same.

I'll use compound, but I have no use for "wax" anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Plumcrazzy

I just tried The Last Coat (TLC) and I love it. Check it out on the web.