Main Menu

cc.com build threads

Started by dave73, June 23, 2017, 05:50:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

What are people on here doing with their build threads they started on cc.com but are now on this site? I have mine that's 20+ pages and would like to continue but not sure how to...I don't really have the time to re-upload the whole thing.

I would think others are in this boat. There is a ton of good info in those archives that would be awesome to reference.

blown motor

Continue your thread on C-C.com. I believe most of us still visit it regularly. You don't have to be married to one site.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Burdar

Another option would be to just post a short(ish) synopsis of the build so far with a few of the more relevant pictures.  Then just continue from there.  Eventually, I'll probably do that with my Dart build.

ec_co

:iagree:  + add a link to your CC build for quick reference. we all still like CC and many of us still go there (just not as frequently), but what Cody has created will take the hobby much further IMO.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on June 23, 2017, 05:55:59 AM
Continue your thread on C-C.com. I believe most of us still visit it regularly. You don't have to be married to one site.

:iagree: I agree 1000%.....

No need to feel like you have to post the same stuff on both sites....
This is a new web site if you want to do a build thread here, start a new one from where you are today with a link to the old site for those looking for information on your project's past.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Feel free to post a link to CC and or post a link on CC to EBO.  It's all good.  A huge advantage is here it's easy to post photos and everyone can see them.  On CC the user has to be logged in to see photos so none of the guest can see your progress.  :bigthumb:

ec_co

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 23, 2017, 08:09:05 AM
Feel free to post a link to CC and or post a link on CC to EBO.  It's all good.  A huge advantage is here it's easy to post photos and everyone can see them.  On CC the user has to be logged in to see photos so none of the guest can see your progress.  :bigthumb:

the other huge advantage is that the pics won't disappear after a few years or if someone deletes their photo hosting account. that is one of THE most frustrating things about CC or FEBO when trying to research stuff ...... 'oh cool, I found exactly the kind of article I was looking for .... where are the damn pictures?!?!?!!!!'  :headbang:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

usraptor

I recently tried to post the same photos to my CC.com restoration thread that I  posted here and even after downsizing the pics to levels that always worked in the past, it wouldn't except the post. It wasn't that the pics were to large, the web-site just wasn't working correctly  I finally gave up after several tries. .

ViperMan

Out of curiosity, and maybe a silly question @Cuda Cody, but are you making backups of the site database every so often?  One of the oldest forums I was ever on, I watched as their entire database got hacked or something - I don't remember exactly what happened - and they lost eeeeeeeeverything on their site.  We even all had to reregister.

Cuda Cody

Thank you for asking and please feel free to ask and suggest anything that you think might help our forum.  Anytime I can learn from others who have done this before is a good thing.  I'm still very new at keeping a forum up and going.

Right now I back up the entire site (website and forum) once a week to a local physical storage drive.  The website has an auto backup feature that backs up the data each day and that info is kept on the server.  Then the server also does another backup of the website (that includes the 1st backup) and that is kept on a different part of the server.  The site is growing fast and I don't want to lose any info or photos that we have.  Keeping EBO up and running good is a priority for me   :handshake:

Quote from: ViperMan on June 23, 2017, 03:22:14 PM
Out of curiosity, and maybe a silly question @Cuda Cody, but are you making backups of the site database every so often?  One of the oldest forums I was ever on, I watched as their entire database got hacked or something - I don't remember exactly what happened - and they lost eeeeeeeeverything on their site.  We even all had to reregister.

IMNCARN82

meh    hafta start another thread i reckon
round tail lights forever !!

HP_Cuda

I thought about this awhile ago and was thinking of ideas how to port a build thread from cc.com   (cause of the losing photos issue) to EBO.

There is a tool called wget which is a open source tool to pull down web pages. I used it to pull all my photos down from cc.com so I had them all in one place. Funny how things get spread out when you have a 3+ year build.

Anyway, that can help in a small way but automating the text with the photos and posting is another issue. If I get more time I may look more into this.

B
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

Let me see what I can think of too.  There has to be an easy way, it's just a mater of working hard to find it.

RusTy/SE

@dave73chally  I locked my thread over at cc.com shortly after the car left the shop in 2010; progress is at a full stop since then.  I've been  :thinking:  about how to lay out the story through 2010 on this site.

I decided to post the same pictures on this site, but here I look forward to adding 7 years of hindsight behind the comments and pictures. Once progress picks back up, the resto thread on each site will get updated.

Everyone's resto thread is different though; 20 pages :Thud:
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

dave73

Yea I'm not anti cc.com but my time is limited and I find this suites all my needs. Some cool ideas in here, be curious to see what comes of it