Main Menu

Challenger reproduction emblems vs oem

Started by Yeya93, March 26, 2020, 12:31:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Yeya93

I have a 70 challenger project car I am working on. Does anyone here know how similar quality wise the reproduction hood letters are, or any emblem reproductions in general are compared to the original ones. I am debating whether to get my hands on oem emblems and just get them re-chromed, or if to just go ahead and buy reproductions ones. Thanks for any help provided.

JS29

Have you had anything re-chromed lately!!!   :bigmoney:

Shane Kelley

From what I have seen with various reproduction emblems the quality has been really good.  :alan2cents:

Yeya93

Haha yeah I know it's pricey. But I figured once, or of things calm down with the COVID, I can make a trip to MX and do the job for cheaper.

Yeya93

Thanks for the reply man. Just haven't had emblems on hand to compare one another.

RUNCHARGER

The repro emblems are a bit different, memory is fuzzy but it seems to me the ends (er) are shaped differently. If you get originals rechromed you will lose some detail in them so neither difection is going to net you emblems like true, original issue NOS. Repro Challenger emblems don't come with pins either. If it isn't an FM3 Hemi Challenger I would just use repros.
Sheldon

Shane Kelley

I have some Year One Challenger script fender emblems sitting on the shelf that have the pins on them. Not sure if these are the ones your talking about.

Yeya93

Hood letters, fender emblems, grill emblems, etc. Pretty much any emblem. Just was curious on the quality since I have yet to have either or on hand.

Shane Kelley

This is what the Year One fender emblems look like.

anlauto

Get the hood letters and other emblems right from Chrysler....Contact Roseville Moparts and get our member discount. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Lee

It's been a few years since I put mine on, but from what I remember, the repro's with the three pegs did not fit the holes in my fender. The alignment of the holes was a little bit off. I wound up just re-chroming my originals... Painted them black and then wiped off the raised part with lacquer thinner and they look great.
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

mccannix

The pinned "Challenger" scripted emblem shown above is not a Chrysler issued nameplate carried by Chrysler...it is a reproduction as evident by the ground out script.
No matter which vendor you buy the pinned one from, this is what you will get.
The stick-on "Challenger" fender emblem on the other hand is Chrysler issued and although I have never held one in my hand am told they are a quality piece.

Yeya93

How much is this discount you speak of?  :D

JS29

Quote from: Jaramillo1993 on April 01, 2020, 12:45:16 PM
How much is this discount you speak of? 
:haha:That and not having to worry about getting an undesirable part, or a wrong part.  :1place:

anlauto

Quote from: Jaramillo1993 on April 01, 2020, 12:45:16 PM
How much is this discount you speak of?  :D

Pretty sure it's 15%...well worth a call  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration