Main Menu

Challenger running for first time in 16 years

Started by ledphoot, April 29, 2018, 04:52:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

My buddy Craig and my brother Gene got the Challenger started today for the first time in 16 years.

By next weekend it will be rolling under its own power and I can put the Cuda on the lift and do the same with here.

750-h2

RUNCHARGER

That's cool. I really like seeing them run after being dormant. It sort of is just a bunch of parts when they don't run.
Sheldon

ledphoot

Yeah it was kind of sad. $800 and 28 hours of work is all it took to make her run.  Had the vast majority of everything on hand in my shop all this time.

The Cuda has been sitting MUCH LONGER with multiple starts and stops on the project. It's time to get them back on the road.

1 Wild R/T

Good, we need more cars on the road around here....Hope to see you out on the road... Graffiti Week is coming up pretty soon... If you haven't seen the schedule....

http://www.visitmodesto.com/calendar/specialevents/graffiti/calendar.asp

ledphoot

The challenger could be road worthy by then. The Cuda will probably be running but I am not sure if it will be road worthy in time for that. Depends how much progress I can make on the wiring etc.

1 Wild R/T

If you need anything let me know... I'm ok with wiring...

ledphoot

Appreciate it! May hit you up for advice if I hit any snags.

Would like to meet up some time when they're rollin' 

:)

1 Wild R/T

Not sure but I'm thinking you use to post on Moparts as Sublime Chally?

ledphoot

Yup

Way way back. Been distracted with kids and Harley's for a while. Came full circle back to the cars recently.

1 Wild R/T

Life keeps ya busy, kids are always worth your time & riding the bikes is always fun... long as the cars are hiding in the barn you can always come back.... Let them get away & coming back is a heck of allot harder..... Glad you hung on to them...

ledphoot

the cars don't seem to mind too much. They've been locked up in the shop all this time. The dust has piled on but some soap and water, love and attention and they're back on track.

I haven't been so excited about these cars in a while. When I heard that engine fire up it brought a tear to my eye. I can't wait to go cruising with my brother with these two e-bodies.

Chryco Psycho

1 Wild R/T

Yup, out on the road will make ya smile.....

LinceCuda