Main Menu

clutch pedal safety switch

Started by moparx5, March 19, 2023, 12:31:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

moparx5

starting some prep work on reassembling my 71 barracuda, overlooked i was missing this clutch switch and apparently there not available new, saw brewers has them but a core that i don't have is required . i  will make a call to see if they will sell a rebuilt without core. has anyone come up with alternative replacement for this switch on there own cars ? i do run my 67 with no clutch switch but car is  fuel injected as will be the 71 so it does start right up when key is turned on.left in gear can be a wtf moment. i was gonna use a brake switch and make a bracket ,, just seeing if there is any input on this here
thanks

Dmod1974

I was literally in the process of posting that - you beat me to it!

Just as a follow up, I have my car on the road now and that switch setup has been flawless so far.  Not one issue with it starting when it shouldn't, or the other way around.

moparx5

thanks a ton !!!!! simple  question with a immediate simple answer.. i think i will go that direction
thanks again!!!!

Ramman

As far as a core goes, you can't be the first guy to do a auto to stick conversion and they don't have a core. Give them a call.

moparx5

there answere was a solid no,, no core no deal,,, witch is fine with me and respected. if someone has 1 in there car and it shits the bed at least they have a placee to get one and keep going like a row of dominos 1 feeds the next

71GranCoupe

The clutch safety switches were scarce and not very cheap just a few years ago. Just for the fun of it, I checked on :ebay: and even a core switch was almost $300 and a working one that looked like it had been sitting on a shelf for decades was selling for $400 and up. Just crazy and explains why the core is so important.

I attached the one listing if anyone wants to check it out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314204539083?hash=item49280cc8cb:g:smQAAOSwDz1jWTzE&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA0L3iT5hMPvBh1cpHwRZ%2BGHBANByKIRPvYF9KxcEs8tcxPPXDthLRbmKimvwnhAuQuOhT8T9tgFuONXlAIxleMcUEfXMU6MTHfYZR%2FJCvMYS6kwQTs5Lhrm5JAbi5eZQ2pJrHm%2FWJJv8V3ockkRR%2FdXoqu%2B7wPWDA%2B3Rvr6vc7y56quESD%2Fh8Gt37DTEWoLOXYJnjp%2FiaZPH124ynxoMwG%2BfzZwuwYbKHEvmuCiozcyRc5SYfDY5gmuuBYnY6btj1JdXE5DUSbgeawZts8ptWHdQ%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR9KwkJ3gYQ

Lunchbox

Curious what is the purpose of this switch?

Racer57

Quote from: Lunchbox on March 20, 2023, 08:20:33 PM
Curious what is the purpose of this switch?
To prevent starting while in gear.