Main Menu

Cool Story, A Marine's Dream Comes True....

Started by 1 Wild R/T, November 06, 2018, 08:37:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

cudabob496 posted this over on CC.com... I thought it belonged here too.... Very cool.... I give the previous owner big props.....

https://petrolicious.com/articles/this-1970-plymouth-cuda-is-one-marines-dream-come-true

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Husk Challenger

This car is now in Hungary and i think the new owner is registered here...but i can't remember his nickname   :thinking:
Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Husk Challenger on November 06, 2018, 08:58:54 AM
This car is now in Hungary and i think the new owner is registered here...but i can't remember his nickname   :thinking:

Well so much for the dream...... :verymad: :thumbdown:

Husk Challenger

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Husk Challenger on November 06, 2018, 09:08:20 AM
Sorry if i broke the cool story

:sorry:

You didn't.... A Marine turned flipper did....... POS..

Challenger in NC

Did you catch the last part of the article? The marine replies

"Oh, yeah! There is not ever gunna' be a day when I'll even think about selling this car. When my two-year-old daughter goes into the garage with me, she points at the car and says, "Daddy's car. Daddy's car!" It's crazy. My youngest one, she knows classic cars aren't like normal cars. She loves riding in the 'Cuda too! This will be handed down to my children and hopefully down to their children. This is definitely going to be an heirloom."

So much for that.  Curious, how was it determined that this car was sold to someone in Hungary?

Brads70

I get how it sounds bad but we have no idea what happened in his life as to why he sold it , if he in fact did? Sick child, health issues, divorce etc...

6bblgt

2 year old article & the last "comment" (3 months ago) states it was sold to Hungary  :dunno:

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on November 06, 2018, 10:09:33 AM
I get how it sounds bad but we have no idea what happened in his life as to why he sold it , if he in fact did? Sick child, health issues, divorce etc...

money ? some times the reality of ownership is not as exciting as the dream  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP_Cuda

Wow, so much for those words eh?

Integrity and Character are long dead apparently.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

71vert340

I spent 6 years in the military and it may be something as simple as not being able to move the car around to the different transfer duty stations. I almost sold my convertible a couple of times because it was a problem to send the car to my new duty station. I finally drove it to my parents house and left it there for 2 years until I got out of the Navy and have kept it since then. I sold my Challenger R/T convertible (and really regret it) because I couldn't ship it easily when I had job transfers later in life. I had to make a choice on 1 Challenger to keep due to costs of shipping. You never know
Terry

wldgtx

Quote from: HP_Cuda on November 06, 2018, 11:48:13 AM

You are using words like integrity and character when referencing a car?  SMH...
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

IRON MAN

After I completed Advanced Individual Training (AIT: Combat Surveillance Target Acquisition).My company commander's family owned  an Oldsmobile dealership. When my MGB's  engine let go, the company commander heard about it, and called me into his office. He sold me his demo a 442 w/4spd at a price I couldn't turn down and he personally guaranteed the loan. WOW! I got orders shortly thereafter to Vietnam. Put the cars on blocks. Told my younger brother to start it every two weeks and if I didn't make it back the car is his. Got an "early out" to go to college. Had to sell the car to cover college expenses. Point is, this marine may have been forced to sell the Cuda for reasons beyond his control. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

HP_Cuda

"Oh, yeah! There is not ever gunna' be a day when I'll even think about selling this car."

I guess you think words don't have meaning.

Later flipper  :haha:

Quote from: wldgtx on November 12, 2018, 04:38:10 AM
Quote from: HP_Cuda on November 06, 2018, 11:48:13 AM

You are using words like integrity and character when referencing a car?  SMH...
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200