Main Menu

Cranks but won't start

Started by DBCuda, April 16, 2017, 08:47:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

DBCuda

I went to start my Cuda to take it out for the first ride of the season and the motor turns over but won't start then when I turned the key in the off position I get a nasty kickback. Any ideas?

Chryco Psycho

Not sure what ign you re running but likely Ballast resister has failed

DBCuda

Everything I'm running is pretty much stock. I've got an upgraded cam and a mini starter but everything else was kept to look original. Thanks I'll give that a try

Chryco Psycho

Cuda Cody

Good news and bad news @Cuda Dave   The bad news is I don't have any idea why it's not starting from what you have described, but the good news is I live in Brush Prairie, WA and would be happy to come over and give you a hand.   :wrenching:   It sounds like it's a timing / spark or fuel thing.  I'm sure it's something we can fix.  PM me if you want a hand getting it started.   :slapme5:

Chryco Psycho

you can jump the brown & blue wires together at the ballast temporarily if it starts you know that is the problem

DBCuda

Hey Cody, thanks for the offer, I just may take you up on that. I've got a small block 340 under the hood and I've had problems in the past tightening down the distributor because of the location. I thought I had the problem licked but I need to take the shaker off to get better access to the distributor. Once I do that and if the distributor is still tight I will definitely touch base with you. I really appreciate the offer.