Main Menu

Murphy strikes again

Started by 71-440, February 01, 2018, 11:50:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71-440

Well today I figured I would drain and flush the cooling system before I start pulling
plugs to work on the Timing. Drain the radiator fill with water and going to start it to
circulate the water through the engine and drain again and refill with
fresh coolant. Easy right!

Well Murphy's Law (a good friend of mine) showed up. Starter won't engage the flywheel.
Just spins. :verymad:

So now I have to jack up the car get jack stands under it and hopefully pull the starter without
dropping a header.   :notsure:

It's a mini starter looks like so I am keeping my fingers crossed..
Joe

Cuda Cody

71-440

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 01, 2018, 11:59:24 AM
:headbang:   :wrenching:

LOL.... Yeah.

Just got it up on stands. Doesn't look good. I don't think I will be able to get it out with out removing the header. :crying:

Joe

ToxicWolf

Murphy is an old friend of mine.  I understand.  :unbelievable:  :crying:

Daveh

Heck Murphy is my brother and constantly around no matter what I try to do to get ride of him.   :angry:

Chryco Psycho

I put a contract out on Murphy 30 years back , how come no one can find him , he is never far away ??
Maybe just shoot me  :thinking:

71-440

Well got the car on a lift a a buddy's shop. Looked it over  :thinking:

Pulled the Torsion bar instead of dropping the header and presto! Came out with a little wiggling through the header and dropped it where
the torsion bar was.
New one is in and wrapped.  :banana:

Anyone with tti headers on a 440 with a mini starter look at pulling the torsion bar if you have to replace a mini-starter.

The starter had oil on it. Valve covers leaking. Steel chrome plated crap. Looking for a set of cast Mopar covers to replace.
Joe

RUNCHARGER

Way to go. That's usually the way I look at things too, if I can take a different route and save time I go for it.
Sheldon

Marc70challenger

Understand Murphy. Good friend. lol.

Glad it worked out.

Murphy came by last week here. We went over to start the deuce coupe. Was nice out so said - hey, let's take it for a spin. I didn't pay attention to the slope I had the trailer end on. Backed it out and heard/felt a thump. Hmmmm.  As I was coming down the ramp I could see a thick stream of dark fluid on the ramp. Gee. Looks like oil.

I had ripped off the oil pan plug.  Wtf - wood did that !?  Lol. Good thing I installed the winch last fall. And had enough oil clean up mix. 

So next week we'll get the new pan on. Easy. Nothing in the way. But arghhh lol

71-440

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 07, 2018, 07:05:39 PM
Way to go. That's usually the way I look at things too, if I can take a different route and save time I go for it.

:iagree:
And sometimes asking a friend or somebody to look a the problem helps. Two heads are better than one...lol
Joe

71-440

Quote from: Marc70challenger on February 07, 2018, 07:16:15 PM
Understand Murphy. Good friend. lol.

Glad it worked out.

Murphy came by last week here. We went over to start the deuce coupe. Was nice out so said - hey, let's take it for a spin. I didn't pay attention to the slope I had the trailer end on. Backed it out and heard/felt a thump. Hmmmm.  As I was coming down the ramp I could see a thick stream of dark fluid on the ramp. Gee. Looks like oil.

I had ripped off the oil pan plug.  Wtf - wood did that !?  Lol. Good thing I installed the winch last fall. And had enough oil clean up mix. 

So next week we'll get the new pan on. Easy. Nothing in the way. But arghhh lol

Ouch!  Life is like a box of chocolates....lol
Joe

chargerdon