Main Menu

cuda Shaker feet

Started by Dodgply, May 27, 2020, 08:59:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dodgply

Hi all, easy question for the experts. My '71 V-code Cuda  has an SPD late Jan '71. Should the Shaker have the feet that rest on the valve covers? I currently have a fiberglass 6 barrel baseplate which will soon be replaced by a steel reproduction. When I do that I will add the shaker feet if they should be there. I did search and saw they were deleted from the chrysler drawings in Aug '70. So do I put them on or not?
TIA  John

anlauto

...we have a resident expert on everything shaker....what do you think Terry @mccannix  ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mccannix

I dont know about the expert thing, but you are probably referring to a blurp I put on the other site about 10 years ago referencing this with a photo from the print.
They were scheduled to be deleted in August 70 as per this print, what the exact date it happened is not known, if it ever even did take place .
It is not the feet you install on the base , it is the feet brackets, which the feet attach to.
Since it is your car , you should do what you are comfortable with.
I have a later built than that shaker V code 71 and its original base had the brackets and feet.
I would have no hesitation adding them if it were me.
Reproduction brackets are not exact as originals, but the feet themselves with rubberized ends are pretty accurate.
Original foot shown.

Floyd

I had an NOS over the counter Sixpack base awhile back.  I bought the replacement brackets/tabs from Frank Badalson and they are very close to the pic Terry posted.  I think his are the only ones that have that little locating tab stamped in them.  See pic of repro tabs

mccannix

I have heard Franks were good, have never seen them and if they have the locating tab that is good.
How does the nut look...In assume projection welded like original

Floyd

I sold them with the baseplate so I don't have them in had to check.  I'm pretty sure the weld nut was slightly different from original.  If memory serves, the raised circular guide boss might be a smaller diameter.  I remade the 340 tabs years ago and couldn't source weld nuts that were identical to original s.

Dodgply

Wow such great information. I am not into that detail yet, but it appears a 71 built cuda would not be wrong if the shaker feet and brackets were there. I could have asked the question differently, "does anyone have an original 71 built 6 bbl shaker with or without the shaker feet and brackets" My car will never be in the same class as a lot of others on this site, but, I would like it to  appear as correct as possible. And you guys have forgetten more than I will ever know, hence the experts. thanks again

anlauto

My original V Code, 1971, N96 equipped Cuda with a SPD of Nov 24th 1970 had no signs of the brackets for shaker feet.............................but they might have rusted off.... :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco

I also carry them if you need them.
Tommy The Chryco
Cuda Rubber Bumpers and The Better "Shaker Kits"
1-866-893-2547

Racer57

Picture reminded me to ask..... the large oval hole in front of the base. Did a flex hose or something attach to it ?

71vert340

Oval is opening for warm air to shaker warm air door. Foam gasket goes around the opening. Nothing else attached. Terry